I have been trying for months now to close out a fund I set up years ago with AIB (which was moved to Irish Life)
First, no one would call me back to set up an appointment to discuss this (back in July). Then when I kicked up a fuss (complained), they tried to fob me over to the central office in town, when I specifically gave them two local branches I could go to.
In the middle of all this I got a terrible diagnosis and had to get surgery - I asked the local branch they referred me to if they would leave me a voicemail message, and the stupid agent who "tried" to call me sent me a mail saying she couldn't get through to me - , that why I said leave me a voicemail - I was probably in an MRI machine or in the operating theatre when you tried to call me and didn't leave a voicemail! Responded to her idiot email in kind and demanded to speak to her supervisor.
Made some headway with Irish Life, but they wanted some documentation. I explained that I was in post-op recovery so my response time would be slow. There apparently was an issue with the documentation I forwarded them, and the geniuses decided to call my phone, despite the fact that we had been communicating via email.
The issue is I have had oral surgery, so I can't take a phone call! Your needs as a client or a human being are apparently irrelevant to AIB - it's their way or the highway, and only their timeline matters.
First, no one would call me back to set up an appointment to discuss this (back in July). Then when I kicked up a fuss (complained), they tried to fob me over to the central office in town, when I specifically gave them two local branches I could go to.
In the middle of all this I got a terrible diagnosis and had to get surgery - I asked the local branch they referred me to if they would leave me a voicemail message, and the stupid agent who "tried" to call me sent me a mail saying she couldn't get through to me - , that why I said leave me a voicemail - I was probably in an MRI machine or in the operating theatre when you tried to call me and didn't leave a voicemail! Responded to her idiot email in kind and demanded to speak to her supervisor.
Made some headway with Irish Life, but they wanted some documentation. I explained that I was in post-op recovery so my response time would be slow. There apparently was an issue with the documentation I forwarded them, and the geniuses decided to call my phone, despite the fact that we had been communicating via email.
The issue is I have had oral surgery, so I can't take a phone call! Your needs as a client or a human being are apparently irrelevant to AIB - it's their way or the highway, and only their timeline matters.
Last edited by a moderator: