Anyone else have "graphics" they visualise when thinking about days of week, months of year etc.

Betsy Og

For me months of the year are in a loop/circle starting at January on bottom left and moving clockwise, if its September and I'm thinking of Christmas its like I'm standing on September and just looking at the next quarter of the loop.

Days of the week are more linear, vertical, not really going beyond a week.

Numbers not so much, maybe 1-20 or so, horizontal.

Just curious if anyone has similar. Probably originated from charts on primary school walls - I don't think its a recognised condition as such......;)

What music have you been listening to recently to make you get all "visual on the passing of times"? :D

I'll tell you one thing laaaddd, I'm reading a biography (if that's the correct term) on Suede, and there was fair quantities of substances consumed, so maybe that soaked into the music......o_O, God knows I'm in dodgy enough territory due to natural causes without any of that shhtuff.

My visualisation of time (sounds very grand...) is something I've had as long as I can remember - I was kinda hoping everyone had a version, now I'm like that children's book that never got published "You're different, and that's bad." :p

Betsy Óg, look up synesthesia... and, at the risk of sounding nerdy, specifically associative spatial sequence synesthesia.

Fascinating, never heard of that before. Must read up more when I have a chance - I see it referred to as a 'condition' here and there, maybe if you have some very vivid version, for me its more of an 'aide memoire'. One inadvertent funny line on the Wikipedia page:

"For example, in chromesthesia (sound to color), a projector may hear a trumpet, and see an orange triangle in space, while an associator might hear a trumpet, and think very strongly that it sounds "orange".

Like, how perfect would that sentence be if you swapped flute for trumpet :D

Back