Anyone dealt with Rutherford Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.

mg zr dad

Got call a few days ago from a company called Rutherford Ross who were looking for me to invest in a scheme where a greenfield site in the U.K was divided into plots for houses.

Then, they on behalf of the plot owners would seek planning permission to build houses on the plots making the plots zoned for residential, therefore more valuable to the plot owner whose plot was sold onto a developer. The idea behind dividing into individual plots is that planning permission recieved for many plots by different people stood a greater chance of having permision granted.

Has any one invested in this company or a similar scheme?

B

Thanks for the info. Did some research and cannot find anything else on them. Will keep stringing them along for the time being

B

Any further information on Rutherford Ross. Anyone know his website and contact details.

Thanks

Hi,

Just found this site today.
In regards to Rutherford Ross, I made an investment with them last August to the value of €7,500 for a plot on Chestnut Green Development.
To date I still have not received the Freehold Title Deeds, have had several different people looking after my account and in General find it very difficult to contact anyone within the company and get answers!!

I did receive TP1 form, Stamp duty land tax form and land registory application, from Bennett & Ryan solicitors. Forms were to be signed but NOT dated!!

Appreciate any feedback/advice??

There are a number of companies doing this in the UK at the moment. I work for a developer based in Ireland who is active in the UK. As far as i could calculate the plots that the company who contacted me were selling looked cheap in principle but they are tiny. they valued the sites ( close to a relatively good area) at £2million per acre. In my humble opinion this is not achieveable. That is a value based on being re-zoned for high density residential development. The chances of this happening were slim enough. I would certainly not invest in any scheme like this even though the outlay may look small and the returns good. they are unrealistic and will almost certainly never materalise. they sent me some great articles and backup to what they were saying but if it was my job to make nuclear power sound good im sure i would be able to find something to back it up. they were very convincing. But then again ...so are all cons. i have never had any dealing with the above company and am not familiar with their company. My opinion is based upon my contact with a company in the Uk that was in a similar business.

Stay away from this kind of deal, at best you will never make any money from it; at worst you will lose the lot. There have been a few well-publicised versions of this caper in the UK, but it also operates in Spain and you will find it being marketed at some of the "lambs to the slaughter" events (overseas property exhibitions!) in Ireland and the UK.

I agree with auto found 2 such companys at an overseas property exhibition 18 months ago.
Very slick sales staff also wanted me to sign up there and then. That was the first and last overseas exhibition for me.
Most of the good companys don't have to sell at these exhibitions.

This a complet scam. These types of landbanking companys are latest 'boiler house' scammer that have moved in property over the past couple of years. The financial watchdog in the UK is closing them down all the time. Here are details from the Property Scam website, which I should advise all investors to bookmark and read again from time to time. People who have been ripped off by Rutherford Ross are instituting joint actions:

http://www.propertyscam.org.uk/d6plinks/6YWL8W

If you have paid for your plot by credit card then the credit card company should cover you. But, the website is collecting peoples' details and might be able to help. We've talked about these scams a fews times on here, I just can't believe these people keep getting away with it.

Myself and 3 of my colleagues invested with rutherford ross and we bought 6 plots over a period of three years.We actually sold our plots privately and made a 30% profit on two of them.The other 4 plots we have been offered inexcess of 40%,but we are holding on.Sorry hear that some people had bad luck but we can only extoll the virtues of investing with rutherford ross,the best investment we ever made.The only messages I ever read are of doom and gloom,so its nice to let people know about something positive.We recommend your investment is totally safe with rutherford ross and i would take this scaremongering with a pinch of salt

I've unapproved a number of posts which referred to named individuals.

It's interesting that lando is a first-time poster who registered specifically to post something positive about Rutherford Ross. Usually there turns out to be a connection between such posters and the company concerned.

I invested 12,700 GBP with this company before I started to suspect the truth

same experience!! have you had any resolution?

lando I would like to know more of why you are so positive about Rutherord Ross. My experience is very different.

SEanko Would like to hear from you about any progress or none on yourr investment>

Regards new posters,maybe there is a clue in the name LAND OOOOh

just a reply in defence,two sides to a coin.A lot these negative comments are usually linked with other land companies who are cheesed off that they are losing the clients to another client,and how obvious is plotman,plotting what

This is pointless. Too many posts that have been unapproved in this thread, and there are too many first time posters with strong opinions one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back