Anyone check out Northern Cross development? Malahide Road in Dublin 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seen these in the paper but did not get a chance to look at the prices etc, anyone had a look ? I was interested in this area as there seems to be a massive amount of residential and infrastructural development coming into the zone.

Re: Anyone check out Northern Cross Development ?

Yeah, had alook at them yesterday. They're lovely. Good floor plans and the finishings are vvvvvery nice: nice tiles, taps, sleek cookers and extractor hoods etc. They went on sale on Thursday though and were nearly sold out at about 2 o'clock on Sunday - was only one beds left.

Hi there, I have purchased an apartment here - would be interested in hearing from anyone else who is purchasing in the development!

Cheers...

Hi
I looked at the apartments a year ago, the finish on them was very good and the apartments layout in the main used space to the max and had good storage etc.
Only Downside why we didn't buy, not sure about area i.e estate across from Clare hall., Flats on Corner opposite Hilton look very run down, aslo halting site down the road. Seemly there is a nickname for the Hilton is the Darndale Hilton! I walked round the area a number of times and did not like the feel, if going to buy advise do the same during the day and at night. Also the Malahide road is very busy already, traffic could be a nightmare when all houses and apartments built.
But saying that there is meant to be a massive redevelopment plan for area as org post mentions so this might resolve present issues.

Hi there,

Yeah I see what you mean about the area... My view on it was that there is a good infrastructure there, shops, gym, QBC, etc. with easy (ish) access to both town and North Dublin... and as you say the build looks good... I had previously been searching in town and the value for money is incomparable... I'm not worried about the neighbourhood really as the development will be pretty selfcontained, and when you're in apartment blocks you're relatively unaffected by buildings down the road as such... I would be a bit worried by traffic though, particularly with all the new development going on in the same area...

Hi , anyone have any further info on this development ? When is the next phase available ? They look as if they are building some sort of shopping centre on the Malahide Road under the next block of apartments.If anyone is resident what's the parking and service charges like.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, there's a halting site just down the road, full-on social welfare housing across the road and it's too close to Darndale for comfort. Also, that shopping centre is an awful place - full of undesireables hanging around it till all hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Anyone check out Northern Cross development ?

Whats the story with myhome.ie , they have a 2 bed in the development under "Malahide" :)

What postcode is Malahide ?;)

Malahide is Co. Dublin. Does not have a post code yet at least.

CelloPoint - Regarding your comment about Clarehall shopping centre I think its a bit unnfair to call it an awful place. I do the shopping there on a daily basis and think its actually ok in that regard. Its certainly alot better than any other shopping centre in the Northside. All of these centres are going to have an undesirable element but Clarehall is no worse than any other.
PS I have no connection with the place

I've just purchased in Burnell Square and hopefully moving in in a couple of months. Ovrall finish is great, so much better than most I have viewed and the plans for further development in the area are extensive. I'm originally from Donaghmede so not too far from here. There is a small 'element' in the 24 hour Tesco but nothing more than you would find in any shopping centre, the local amenities are second to none and there is a express bus route to city centre. Gym, 24 hour Tesco, good bus route to city centre and not far from the coast and Airport.

Hi there,
I'm moving into Burnell Court I think, Have you been in contact with the builders at all yet? Are they keeping to the original date given?

I'd be interested in hearing about any contact you've had...

Cheers,

With regard to the busy Malahide Road - Fingal CoCo have proposals to divert the route of the Malahide Road from Clarehall up the N32 and then back through the old Belcamp College grounds and the rear of Campions pub and then to rejoin the "old" Malahide Road just past St Douaghs Church.

Flats on Corner opposite Hilton look very run down, aslo halting site down the road.
Would you believe that these flats are only built a couple of years! Not sure if they're fully occupied yet or by whom (social / affordable housing)

Would you believe that these flats are only built a couple of years! Not sure if they're fully occupied yet or by whom (social / affordable housing)

Can't imagine what they'll look like at the end of a 35 year mortgage term! Some "investment"!

Moving into burnell court myself when It's finished.

I was never given a completion date.What idea were you given burnellcourt?

I used to work on the developement and can't believe burnell square still isn't finished,but by the looks of it the last crane has come down on the malahide road section of burnell court last weekend.Snagging an all could be a january move.

Hi, I have reserved an apt in Burnell court on the fifth floor. I am just wondering what the noise will be like from planes, we were there today and a plane flew right over burnell court very low, about every 3 minutes or so. It seems to be right in a main flight path and being on the top floor I am wondering what the noise will be like? I am starting to change my mind because this could be annoying as they were coming in so low! Is there anyobody living in burnell square on the top floor, is it noisy or are they insulated enough to block this out?

I've been told that I can move in end of dec/beginnng of Jan to Burnell Square, 5th floor. Can anyone tell me what is included in the service charges? General maintenance...lifts, bins and gardens I assume. How about cleaning the outside windows? I noticed that the bedroom windows only open a fraction.

How much is a fraction? Would be good on a warm day to be able to air the apt! They should open all the way. Whats the story then with the windows in the sitting room, we have no balcony so I wonder do those windows open a fraction as well or do they open more? Does anybody know who I can ask about this?

How much is a fraction? Would be good on a warm day to be able to air the apt! They should open all the way.

A few inches. Not enough to be able to clean the outside. I noticed that most of the windows in the showroom have the tilt and turn facility. Open in from the top or open fully if handle is turned the other way. But the bedrroms didn't have these type windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back