Anyone bring a carseat for 7month-old on Aer Lingus?

ipad

Apparently you can book a seat for a baby if you bring a forward facing carseat (despite them being rear-facing in cars at that age). Just wondering if anyone's ever done this and is there a specific type of carseat required, ie how is it fixed to airline seat? Baby's first flight and would be good to have seat of her own to snooze in if need's be, and to have our own row of three to avoid the baby-travel stress! :)

I traveled home on Aer Lingus trans atlantic last year with our 4 month old. It was a rear facing carseat, we just turned it around. no problem. It's the type that clicks into a reciever in your car, but the aircraft seatbelt fits over it easily. This year we're travelling back with a larger forward facing car seat. It's FAA approved. I plan on slipping the aircraft belt through the back, as a car seatbelt would.

You may still be required to hold the infant on your lap for take-off and landing. Crew will provide a special belt for this.

Thanks sustanon, were AE OK with the rear-facing seat? I take it you can't clip it properly onto the airline seat and fine with having babs on lap for takeoff and landing, its more to use the carseat for her to snooze in. Also did you have to stow the carseat overhead for takeoff/landing and then take it down & put on seat afterwards?
Thanks

No problem with the rear facing seat, as long as you faced it forwards. they let us keep it strapped into the airctaft seat while the wee man sat on mammy's lap. You'll need to keep the seat secured in the aircraft seat with the main seatbelt.

Back