anyone been to electric picnic with a baby?

M

Morley

Hi there
I have always wanted to go to electric picnic and as it turns out the weekend it's on this year is our 10th wedding anniversary and we long ago arranged so my mother in law is minding our older children. we have booked a nice hotel and were planning to bring 5 month old baby.
But can't get it out of my head that electric picnic it would make us feel a lot younger than a stuffy hotel. it's becoming like a major obsession. Would have to bring the baby along though as i'm still breastfeeding.
I have entered the pimp my tent competition three times now, and getting excited that i might win. Husband thinks I'm mad and i should just stop thinking about it (what are the chances anyway).
So, would we be mad to bring baby? If we won of course. it would be a nice tent and everything. i know it's theoretical and everything, but has anyone done it and what do you think?
thanks
M

I assume you're aware tickets are sold out?
MugsGame (who has been invited to sing at EP this year!)

yes, this is why my husband is telling me i am mad!
was just wondering if i won the competition would i be able to go and bring baby.
Can't get it out of my head, think it will be anti - ageing, which after 3 children i badly need!!
thanks
M

Is electric picnic like Oxygen??? if it is id stay well clear with a baby, in a tent if anyone drunk trampled the tent??? i dunno i would seriously have the fear about it!!! i would pump like i never pumped before and bring the pump obviously!!! Maybe its not as hectic or young as oxygen!!! it would be freezing also, i dunno would the neighbours be happy with a weekend away at a concert and listening to a baby???

OP - you need to ask yourself this:
How responsible would it be to take a 5 month old (who is breastfeeding) to an outdoor concert, full of drunk people, full of noise, full of people taking drugs (probably), with possibly questionable toilet and shower facilities?

OP - you need to ask yourself this:
How responsible would it be to take a 5 month old (who is breastfeeding) to an outdoor concert, full of drunk people, full of noise, full of people taking drugs (probably), with possibly questionable toilet and shower facilities?

When you put it like that, I really need to get myself a ticket:D

I have been to many festivals and have often seen young babies at them. Wouldn't be my thing though for the reasons listed above.

Hi M

I've been to Electric Picnic most years since it started. Dont worry it is nothing like the Oxegen experience! I go to both and can safely say there is a much more family friendly atmosphere in EP. There is a family campsite and also a quiet campsite especially to cater for someone who has their children with them - and also who just like sleep! I have seen people there with young children but to be honest I don't know if I've seen anyone with a child as young as five months? You would have to see would you be able to easily look after your child without much running water. Only you could really say how much 'comfort' is needed. If I were you I'd look into some of the 'luxury' accomodation which is offered onsite. Is it really not possible to leave your youngest with your mum if you could leave bottles ready? That would be the idea situation really.
There is forum on the EP website - it would probably be worth your while putting any questions you have there.
As to tickets being sold out, try buy and sell, toutless.ie and gumtree. I have seen tickets for sale and if you want to go you should be able to get one fairly easily.

I have mine since the pre-sale and I can't wait for it! Hopefully see you there :)

[broken link removed]

Now you just have to get tickets !:p

Do it! It will definitely be ok, nothing like oxegen! Don't have kids but when I do they will definitely be coming along! They need to be educated - even if they are only 5 months!

If you're breastfeeding you won't need running water - one of the great advantages of human milk! Don't forget to take a sling to keep baby close and you'll love it. Personally think a baby of this age is so much easier to take places than older kids. Enjoy!

If you feel you cope well enough as it is with a five-month old, only you can decide whether you could handle the extra hardship.

Personally, I think looking after babies is a tough enough job without voluntarily making it any tougher.

I saw at least one woman with a very young baby in a sling at last year's EP and several others with babies in pushchairs.

The baby in the sling was wearing big ear muffs - something to bare in mind. Have to say the mum looking liked she was having an enjoyable and relaxing time!

from OP original post, it looks like she will be def in a tent as she hoping for tickets through a competition, and wouldnt know then if she allocated to specific area, not the family area!
me personally if i was int he need to feel young again, i wouldnt bring a 5mth old with me

You are not pre-allocated camping spots at the Electric Picnic - you choose where to pitch your tent based on space available.

Last year, there was ample space in the quiet/family area - in fact it was the least crowded area by far.

Thinking of bringing a 5 month old to an outdoor concert, I though I had heard it all before :rolleyes:.

Thinking of bringing a 5 month old to an outdoor concert, I though I had heard it all before :rolleyes:.

Curl up by the fire with a book, drink a cup of horlicks and leave the youngsters alone :) Festivals are for all the family.

Back