Anyone been to Czech Republic and not just Pargue?

colin_hanley

Hi, anyone been to the Czech republic and gone somewhere other than Prague. Looking for a few tips as heading there for 10 days but don't only want to spend a few days in Prague. Just wondering is ther anywhere else worth seeing ?
Thanks,
Col

Cesky Krumlov - which is about 100 miles south of Prague is supposed to be beautiful .. I've never gotten there but have heard it's well worth the trip.

Ceske Budejovice is a nice city and a pleasant and relaxed contrast to Prague. Cesky Krumlov is indeed very beautiful but it isn't really the sort of place where people live any more, so it can be a bit of a ghost town when the tourists go home. Telc is another very beautiful place and happily seems to be a place where normal life still goes on, even in its historic core.

All of these places are well worth visiting.

Kuta Hura is nice town, much more laid back than Prague but can be day trip on train from Prague, huge church, really olde worlde streets ( the sort i thought Prague would have) and the bone church a must see curio.... they are prepared for tourists but v friendly in a none pushy way, some shops sell local crafts rather than the big fancy lumps of glass etc sold in Prague. If i was to do it again , I would stay at least 1 night in K H.

Back