Anybody tried e-cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks have been using mine for 3 weeks now and have found it fantastic. Mikeljoe77 you have mentioned you still crave a cigarette and don't feel you get a 'kick' from it the same a regular cigarette, I think the point is that it is never going to be a direct replacement, when you inhale a real cig there is so much more than nicotine you inhale that if all those things were taken out it would be very different. I have found the best way to use the e-cig is to make the decision to quit and then only use the e-cig when you feel a real craving. I have a friend who also bought one and he doesn't actually want to quit, he just said he'd try it out of curiosity so it is going to feel a lot different for him. In terms of it irritating your chest I have not found this at all but if you are worried you can get all the health & safety documentation from myeasyquit.com as I had them email it to me when I did my initial research. I suppose like most things everybody is different and giving up will require will power no matter what method is used (and I've tried them all!) But of them all I definitely think this method has been the best for me and requires the least will power. Good luck!

I have found the best way to use the e-cig is to make the decision to quit and then only use the e-cig when you feel a real craving

I second that, I am 5 months using these now and I only use them at this stage when I have a urge which is not that often anymore thankfully, usually only if I'm out for a few drinks and the best thing about that is I don't have to go out in the cold and leave the missus on her own when we're out together!

Think these are a fantastic product! Out of intrigue I bought one from the Irish company myeasyquit and while I don't smoke myself, I thought they looked great and the presentation was fantastic. Planning to buy more as Christmas presents for my smoker friends.

I'd ask your friends if they want to quit before buying these as a gift for someone. Some smokers actually like smoking :)

I'd ask your friends if they want to quit before buying these as a gift for someone. Some smokers actually like smoking :)

Would that not ruin the surprise!!;)

Yes but if it were to help them quit they might be around for a few more Christmas's in later years because of better health. though I'm not sure weather thats such a good thing....Bah-humbug.

My thinking is that even so, it would be good for them if they needed to smoke on a long flight or in a hotel or something as there's no smell. Think it's a brilliant gizmo.

A full month since I gave up using E-Cigs, still off them and feeling good. usually when i gave them up in the past I have eaten more and put on weight which has not happened this time! Just ordered a lower level of nicotine cartridge to ween myself off all the nicotine altogether, I have saved about €300 as well which is a big bonus!

Out of intrigue I bought one from the Irish company myeasyquit and while I don't smoke myself

I hope you don't intend using it if you don't smoke already as nicotine is addictive! I agree with the gift idea though I have got one for my brother and sister for Christmas- better than socks and perfume;)

Hi Paddy, I've just ordered the starter pack on myeasyquit for my mum. It says the strengths are all of high dosage... is this correct? Also, if I want to order the refills it doesn't seem to give me a choice of stenght... say medium. Have you reordered and what's your experience?

It says the strengths are all of high dosage... is this correct?

I found I just got the high strength and started to use it less and less over time rather than dropping strength, Mrs P also gave up using them but ordered the medium and lower strength cartridges. The website has changed a bit since I last ordered though Mrs P emails them with an order each time. Good luck to your mum, a Friend of mine gave one to his Dad and his biggest problem was remembering to charge it!

Have you reordered and what's your experience?

I have reordered twice now and got delivery the next day both times, I also got the medium strength last time but think I go for the higher next time and slowly use it less as suggested by paddywhacker.

I have been off the cigarettes for 4 weeks using the e-cigarettes after seeing this thread and have to say they have really worked for me where all else failed, they are fantastic!!!! Like was previously mentioned I know a couple of people who will be getting one for Christmas!

Hi paddy, I got them through the link on this thread- [broken link removed] and have ordered refills since and have found delivery very quick, a friend of mine got one in a chemist in Galway but having tried his I think the one I have is better, I really can see them being very popular in January when most people tend to quit. Best of luck!

Hey rory22, how are you getting on with the e-fags? I was thinking you might have fallen off the wagon as you have not updated for a while!! I have to confess I had a couple of fags at my Christmas party but have to say I'm not tempted to go back on the real McCoy again after my little slip-up.

Thanks for your concern Paddywhacker!! Nope, I'm still firmly on the wagon. I use the lowest nicotine level now and even at that don't feel the need for it all that much but bring it with me especially when I'm out in the pub. I was in a pub on Saturday and had the bouncer ask me to leave as he said I was reported for smoking by somebody else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back