anybody live in Skerries and commute to south county dublin?

briancbyrne

Hi,
Im in the market at the moment and am contemplating buying in Skerries.
Only problem is I work in Sandyford ind est.
Does anybody face this commute and if so how do they find it?

Thanks

I live in Balbriggan and commute to the Canal end of Ranelagh, that's tough enough but if you're going to Sandyford you can expect one heck of a commute. You won't have much quality of life with commuting nearly 4 hours a day!

mo3art said:
I live in Balbriggan and commute to the Canal end of Ranelagh, that's tough enough but if you're going to Sandyford you can expect one heck of a commute. You won't have much quality of life with commuting nearly 4 hours a day!

Cheers for that...hear you loud and clear.....this bloody city!

I know of a couple of people commuting from Lusk to Sandyford Industrial Estate - It is doable. 2 hours each way is a bit of an exaggeration, but it is certainly more than one hour each way. I understand they get the train into town and then the LUAS out to Sandyford.

Unless you are on the M50 (if driving) before 7am, you will be in a traffic jam from the Finglas exit to the Tallaght exit.

Hi folks,

It is very doable - just get a motorbike !

I live in Swords / work Stephen's green and got fed up even thinking about buses/driving in (used to drive while my wife worked in town too) but best time leaving Swords before 7:30 would be about 45 mins (plus paying 125 euro monthly for parking and having to race out to beat traffic etc!)
Now leaving on bike my worst time is 45 mins on a really bad day (high wind/floods of rain/14 crashes on way in ......)
my average time is 30 minutes leaving anytime and my quality of life has improved immensly - I can get up @ 7:00 .... shower etc, breakfast/ coffee / paper and be at my desk for 8:30 with 13 miles commute in between !! Parking is free, insurance and bike costs are less than I paid a year on parking.

And getting home is the same - leave anytime you want and it's still max 35 mins.

try it and see !!!

Back