Anybody in the middle of an application with BOI?

DublinHead54

I am (hopefully) at the closing stages of getting a letter approval, I had a request from underwriter for 1 additional document on Wednesday, it was submitted the same day and I was told that they could close it out same day.

However, since then radio silence. I tried ringing this morning and usually you can speak to a mortgage advisor who can update you on your case, however I got a person that said they were 'just manning the phones' and they are just doing call backs at the minute.

I might be over thinking but given recent rate rises are BOI pumping the breaks on issuing approvals?

Keen to know if anybody else having similar experience?

I might be over thinking but given recent rate rises are BOI pumping the breaks on issuing approvals?
I had the exact same experience with BoI ten years ago.

Mortgage advisors were constantly in a panic saying things like "the underwriters want X" and could never say why it was needed or when it would be okay'd.

Yes, we put in an application through our broker on 1 December. STILL waiting on AIP. Have since put property on market, agreed offer, and bid and had offer accepted on a new home. Not sure what to do now - whether to go to another bank.

I applied months ago but only just received final approval.

It is absolutely astounding how many mistakes BOI can make at every step of the process, so many it would be laughable if it wasn't putting me under severe stress both financially and mentally!

The latest in my saga....I received AIP on 10th February and was asked to present IDs for verification at a Branch, a bit oldschool I thought but I complied. When I saw the process consisted of a branch employee scanning the documents and telling me he'd never done this before I suspected this wouldn't be easy. 5 business days later I rang up to be told that the documents didn't scan properly, yet nobody thought it necessary to ring and tell me! So I trod off to another branch, which thankfully had good customer service and the mortgage advisor confirmed the documents were received correctly by the right team.

I ring up to check again...'yes sir, we've received your documents and they are being validated, you'll hear within 72 hours'......72 hours later 'No sir we never received your updated documents'.

Of course the issue always lies with some other team or I need to speak to somebody else, can't escalate it, no manager to speak to.

I jinxed myself by commenting on my positive experience with BOI previously on this forum!

I applied to BOI on the 12th of Jan. Ive honestly lost track what stage they are at. Got an e-mail today to say the decison will be another 5 to 10 working days. I also applied to Perm TSB and got underwritten AIP sorted in under 3 weeks.

Back