Anybody going to Ecuador in the next two weeks

cormacol

Hi all

If perchance anybody is heading to ecuador in the next couple of weeks, i need some assistance. Basically i8´ll be heading to the galapagos on the 17th but broke my camera lense and can´t find a replacement here

cheers
cormac

Well i was hoping that somebody might give me one rather than a lend.

No i was hoping that someone might bring a lense with them for me

Jaysus will ye give the lad a break - he wants to find out if anyone is heading out first !! Then I am sure he will give the lens details if he is lucky enough that someone is going !! He seems to be logging on from Ecuador and all he gets from good old Ireland is a pair of smart ()) ' s !

Last edited:
Jaysus will ge give the lad a break - he wants to find out if anyone is heading out first !! Then I am sure he will give the lens details if he is lucky enough that some is going !! His is logging on in from Ecuador and all he gets from home is a pair of smart ()) ' s !
I was going to make it three, but you are so upset I'll refrain.

What kind of camera is it and what lens do you need?

For what its worth its a Canon 30D and its a 70_300mm lense. Basically i{ll be heading to the galapagos and it would be great to have the lense but not the end of the world if i dont.

What i was going to sugest if there was anyone arriving this way from Ireland was that my folks could give them the lense and i could meet up with the person in Quito.

As i said not the end of the world if i don{t have it but on the off chance

I was in a similar situation a few years ago where I needed some medication from my home country while abroad.
Its worth checking out the local backpacker areas - they are always coming and going and meeting up with friends travelling through, possibly using Quito as a meeting point.
Would be worth putting a notice up in the hostels.
Or even the hotels - You could ask the staff if they have any bookings from anybody coming from Ireland. If you explain the situation, they may assist.

Why not try ebay, if you have a couple of weeks before you go to the Galapagos you could have it sent to the hotel you are staying in before departure, if it doesn't arrive you can pick it up on the way back-
[broken link removed]

PS buy from the US ebay site as delivery times from US to Ecuador would be quicker.

For what its worth its a Canon 30D and its a 70_300mm lense. Basically i{ll be heading to the galapagos and it would be great to have the lense but not the end of the world if i dont.

What i was going to sugest if there was anyone arriving this way from Ireland was that my folks could give them the lense and i could meet up with the person in Quito.

As i said not the end of the world if i don{t have it but on the off chance
I can see lots of people jumping at the chance of carrying a package from Ireland to Ecuador for a total stranger who contacted them via the web alright...

That is a very good point clubman, not a good idea. Normally though hidden items come into Ireland from South America and not the other way around. But good warning, be careful. More than likely genuine but stranger things happen

That´s a fair poin clubman and obviously something tha had occued to me but sill though it was woh asking.

THanks for suggestions - hadn´t thought of ebay

Back