Anybody else having difficulties contacting Mercer?

I contacted Mercer and said that I had a complaint and asked for details of their complaints department.

Nobody responded.

I think that if I was a business owner and someone wanted to make a complaint, I would at least listen to what they had to say....and I would do it immediately.

They are in no hurry. They have it easy.

I contacted Mercer and said that I had a complaint and asked for details of their complaints department.

Nobody responded.

I think that if I was a business owner and someone wanted to make a complaint, I would at least listen to what they had to say....and I would do it immediately.

They are in no hurry. They have it easy.
We spent 3 hrs this afternoon trying to find this form to add AVCs .......everything else is there but this illusive form, and still no reply from the email now almost 4 weeks since.
Terrible service, and it raises a question in our minds what's going to happen when my wife retires and her pensions go into ARFs?

I contacted Mercer via email to their pensions department. A week later I received a response asking me lots of personal information. I replied with this information to the person who asked for it. This was never responded to, nor acknowledged it any way. About a further week later, a completely different person contacted me. They basically asked me the same information with some new personal questions. They never referred back to the first email from their colleague sent a week previously.

It appears that the first person who contacted me was in the "members pension" department. As I am a person in receipt of a pension and not currently paying in to a pension, I am treated differently. The person who first responded to me decided that it was not anything to do with them so contacted another department and binned my enquiry. Not even a response to tell me that they were forwarding my enquiry on to someone else.

The someone else then completely ignored the information that I had sent to the first person and decided to ask it all over again.

and still no reply from the email now almost 4 weeks since.
I just cannot understand why this company will not acknowledge correspondence, reply to emails in a timely fashion, even after making a complaint.

Utility companies get a bad press because we all use them and we all have to deal with them, however making contact with your pension provider is not a regular occurrence, you would imagine that they would at least try and offer a decent service......even show good manners.....

I'm still waiting over a month now for them to update me on what is happening to my simple enquiry.

I just cannot understand why this company will not acknowledge correspondence, reply to emails in a timely fashion, even after making a complaint.

Utility companies get a bad press because we all use them and we all have to deal with them, however making contact with your pension provider is not a regular occurrence, you would imagine that they would at least try and offer a decent service......even show good manners.....

I'm still waiting over a month now for them to update me on what is happening to my simple enquiry.
Well eventually they send out the form and I sent it back yesterday as out bank only allows certain amounts to be paid daily.

So I did the transactions over the last few days , took screen shots of each of 5 transactions including the confirmation of the efts, filled out the pdf with the details and scanned the bank statement to prove address and a scan of the wifes driving licence.

Went to print the pdf they sent but it
wasn't printable so, I simply sent it un signed and told them if they want a signature they need to send a printable copy.

Got an email last night saying blah blah the phone number is broken and blah blah blah people are working from home, blah blah blah.

Now if they don't do what they were meant to do it will really start a row and I will go to the pensions board, cause a stink, I'll also get my wife to call one of the trustees of the scheme and let them know.

They have moved from being excellent and I have dealt with them as a client but also as a trustee, to almost eir standard of customer care.

And if they cost us money the courts will be involved. I'm sick of it being honest.

I dropped in a letter by hand to their offices in Dublin about two weeks ago. In the letter I asked them to acknowledge receipt. I also marked it for the attention of a person who had sent me an email.

Two weeks on and nothing......I don't know if it is being actioned or what is happening.

Terrible attitude to their customers.

I dropped in a letter by hand to their offices in Dublin about two weeks ago. In the letter I asked them to acknowledge receipt. I also marked it for the attention of a person who had sent me an email.

Two weeks on and nothing......I don't know if it is being actioned or what is happening.

Terrible attitude to their customers.
They say not to hand deliver, but what's someone to do? These are peoples pensions and they seem so uncaring its not acceptable.

WFH is not an excuse or the phone is broken, the economy has opened up and surely they'd have the ability to simply reply to simple requests.

We contacted Mercer about 6 weeks ago looking for information on how to transfer our pension payments from the soon to close Ulster Bank to our new bank. What an ordeal!
Finally got a letter today to say that this will happen at next pay date in November. The letter was dated 27th October and unsigned.....just "The Payroll Department." They didn't even have the decency to sign the letter.
Also, it seems that their postal department has the same urgency as their other departments. It has taken 12 days to arrive at my home.

I have had to chase them every step of the way.

We contacted Mercer about 6 weeks ago looking for information on how to transfer our pension payments from the soon to close Ulster Bank to our new bank. What an ordeal!
Finally got a letter today to say that this will happen at next pay date in November. The letter was dated 27th October and unsigned.....just "The Payroll Department." They didn't even have the decency to sign the letter.
Also, it seems that their postal department has the same urgency as their other departments. It has taken 12 days to arrive at my home.

I have had to chase them every step of the way.
Just got a receipt from them for additional AVC dated 1st November so that's not to bad, but the whole process is very slow, you have to do everything online 2 weeks awaiting a reply to emails/ phone calls, a pdf that wasn't downloadable.

Ok it got done but we started this process on the 8th of September.

Back