Any way of speeding up a delayed mortage approval?

New-Red

We had been told that our mortgage was "ready for draw-down" but then our solicitor informed us that there is an issue about the estate not being taken in charge by the council yet and she sent the bank a letter telling them this.
She hinted that this will most likely slow down the entire process now and said it could go on for quite some time. (she said it usually takes close to a fortnight to hear back initial response from bank, let alone what happens from there).
But for various reasons we cannot really afford much of a delay.

The estate is 10 yrs old and fully occupied etc, council said they're intending taking it in charge within next 12 months and snag list is only a list of very minor issues, the developer has gone bust and the bond has expired.

Basically, I'm just looking to ask if there is anything we can do to push this through soon rather than wait for our solicitor, bank and county council to all start communicating and delay the entire thing.

My fiancé's father has offered to go guarantor on the mortgage (the mortage LTV is only 50% by the way, if that's significant or not) but from googling things it appears the whole guarantor thing doesn't get used much these days? He said he will offer up deeds of another property as collateral if need be.

Is there anything else we can do to speed the process up? I understand that the bank have issues about estates not taken in charge but the council have said they intend to do this in next 12 months, we're borrowing only half the value of the house and we've a person willing to go guarantor in order to put the banks mind at rest.
Is there anything else we could/should do?

Thank you in advance :)

I understand you are anxious to close but my advice is be patient.Most conveyancing is slow if there is a bank involved.
Borrowing 50% should be done without a guarantor.

Back