Hi all,
I'll be doing my late father's (and mother's) tax returns for 2025 soon, through an accountant. I can obviously ask them this question but thought I'd get some info here first.
Can pensioners put any household outgoings against tax payments?
The reason I ask is that he always included an outgoings column when putting together all the figures (pension income etc.) to pass on to his accountant. I had always assumed - and I think he did too - that these were taken into account by Revenue, but I was told recently that this is not the case. I'm not talking about utility bills here; it was things like repairs or replacements (e.g a new boiler).
Thanks
I'll be doing my late father's (and mother's) tax returns for 2025 soon, through an accountant. I can obviously ask them this question but thought I'd get some info here first.
Can pensioners put any household outgoings against tax payments?
The reason I ask is that he always included an outgoings column when putting together all the figures (pension income etc.) to pass on to his accountant. I had always assumed - and I think he did too - that these were taken into account by Revenue, but I was told recently that this is not the case. I'm not talking about utility bills here; it was things like repairs or replacements (e.g a new boiler).
Thanks