Any suggestions for powerful silent electric shower?

DeeKie

Registered User
Messages
1,194
There been no question like this for a long while. We are doing up our house. Upgrading our existing bathroom and also putting in a new bathroom downstairs. This new bathroom is for guests but I’m also going to put in an electric shower. With teenagers in the house there were constant arguments about using the tank water and so this solves that option. Also it future proofs the house a bit.

I’m looking for a powerful silent shower- any suggestions?
 
With teenagers in the house there were constant arguments about using the tank water and so this solves that option. Also it future proofs the house a bit.
Just as an FYI, if you get PV panels later and decide to allow excess electricity generated to activate your immersion, you may have an almost constant supply of hot water that an electric shower won't be able to utilise.

If you get batteries and charge them with excess electricity instead then the hot water tank issue won't arise. (Of course, you could end up with a charged battery bank AND a hot tank full of hot water too, but I'm just mentioning this in case these scenarios could eb relevant to you, now or in the future).

We switched to a quiet Triton in our last place (an apartment) and it was much quieter. I think it was this one:

We have this shower installed and it's been running without incident for 10+ AFAIK. Doesn't seem *that* quite though.
 
Last edited:
Just an aside, but the arguments might just change to you arguing with them over the cost of electricity as the electric shower never runs out! You might want to set some ground rules with them. And if you are installing a single electric one, they will all want to use that one for the instant water so arguments will persist.
 
I’m looking for a powerful silent shower- any suggestions?

The Triton is your best option if you are looking for a reliable and quiet electric shower. Very convenient. But the power will be limited compared to a pumped or power shower. Perhaps you could replace the tank with a larger one if if this aspect is important to you?
 
There's going to be trade offs... a power shower will be quicker, but noisier and more expensive if they start lingering in the shower.
If they are more the in and out sort, no lingering then they will get through the showers quicker with a power shower than with an electric one.
 
Triton is a very good make, if go with a T90, this is a pump shower which takes water from your water tank & because of the pump there will be a humming noise. If you go with a T80 this comes direct from the cold water feed into the house, there will still be a lower humming sound.
The first electric shower I had lasted 30 plus years, however new showers I believe now only last 3 to 4 years.


Good luck with your decision
 
The first electric shower I had lasted 30 plus years, however new showers I believe now only last 3 to 4 years.
Very few modern electrical appliances or devices last 30 years, then 30+ years was always at the upper end for typical consumer devices. Consumer demand for lower prices means most things don't last as long as they used to, but a quality modern shower failing within 3-4 years would be the exception rather than the rule. Average lifespan will be in the 8-10 year range.
 
Very few modern electrical appliances or devices last 30 years, then 30+ years was always at the upper end for typical consumer devices. Consumer demand for lower prices means most things don't last as long as they used to, but a quality modern shower failing within 3-4 years would be the exception rather than the rule. Average lifespan will be in the 8-10 year range.
When getting our new Triton recently the electrician reckoned the old one was 15 years old! He was surprised we got that long out of it.
 
I had a Mira electric shower for a good few years
I changed it for s Mira Elite SE rain head shower I think but you need to check the one with the rain head has an extra pump for pressure
It find it the best electric shower I ever used in regular shower position you get the same pressure as in Rain head mode,
 
Thanks folks. I think we will leave the current shower arrangement as it is. We don’t give out to the teenagers about cost, just exhaustion of the tank.

We are just finalising our solar quote which includes a battery. Lots of helpful information.
 
In case anyone comes across this thread in future just note that the Triton T90SR is being phased out and replaced by the Triton T90ER which has fixes for some of the issues which can develop over time with the older model.
 
Back
Top