any special offers on beer around?

denise1234

Hi, having a party and wondering has anyone seen any offers on beer in any supermarkets/ off licences recently. Looking at prob buying Budweiser, Carlsberg, Bulmers but any other recommendations welcomed!
Thanks

Hi Denise1234, Tesco have an offer on Budweiser 24 x 330ml bottles for €17.99 (saving €6), sorry can't comment on others.

Dunnes have 24 x 330ml bottles of Miller for €19.95.

I think Tescos were cheaper - €17.49? Although I'm not sure on that. They had 8 packs of Carlsberg for €5. They also had Heineken & Bud on offer but it may just have been for the weekend.

Hi, having a party and wondering has anyone seen any offers on beer in any supermarkets/ off licences recently. Looking at prob buying Budweiser, Carlsberg, Bulmers but any other recommendations welcomed!
Thanks

tesco have 20 bottles of Miller for 16.50, 15 pack of fosters for 11.24 and 24 bottles of bud for 18

Has anyone seen Rollin Rock anywhere? Seems to be disappearing off the scene altogether?

I think tesco still sell it.

I've checked a few times recently and they didn't have it. Dunnes say it won't be in again. O'Briens used to stock it all the time but last time we checked they didn't have it. Might try Molloys again to see if they have it in yet.

I remember there used to be kits in Easons at O'Connell Street for making your own beer at home.

Does anyone know are they still available ? Was the beer ok to taste ?

And did it work out significantly cheaper ?

I remember there used to be kits in Easons at O'Connell Street for making your own beer at home.

Does anyone know are they still available ? Was the beer ok to taste ?

And did it work out significantly cheaper ?

A few friends made it and it was a disaster. Many a laugh was had at their expense with stories of bottles exploding.

Home brew - Ahh college days - yes we made lots of the stuff but it tasted god awful. Very strong though - two or three pints and you were "locked" if you could keep it down. After months of drinking it you still never got used to the taste so best drank quickly with a straw while holding your nose. We followed all the instructions perfectly, using fully sterile equipment, a hygrometer, proper amounts of water sugar and brewing and fermenting times and it still tasted dreadful. Looked lovely though - just like a pint of draught in your local.

Would I brew it again? Yes for the fun of it.
Would I drink it again? No way - I'd quit the beer altogether before I would go back to that stuff...

Mind you, it led to some very interesting nights back then - great memories...

BB

Two unanswered questions about the home brew :)

How cheap was it ? and How easy was it to make?

As far as I remember it was about £5 for the kit/tin. two kilos of sugar about £2 and some hot water, time etc. Made about 40 pints - so worked out at about 17.5p per pint. Put that in todays money ???
Ease of manufacture - quite easy once you have all the gear. Just as easy as making a cake.

BB

a home brew of mine 'exploded' in the hot press. Mrs Cu not too impressed so that put an end to the home brewing.

tuborg is only €1 a can in dunnes, its made by carlsberg and nicer than the beers mentioned above, i would highly recommend it, its very popular in europe

thats 500ml can btw

Back