any scrappage deals going

Skoda are doing €4k scrappage according to [broken link removed] (but depends on model -- read the smallprint on the site, e.g. max €3.5k on Octavia).

I have no connection to Skoda other than I bought an Octavia on a scrappage deal myself back in 2010 (having previously been a lifelong Toyota driver), no major problems or complaints since. I read on another thread here (from 2011) that depreciation on Skodas is high, but as I always intend to drive a car until I am ready to buy again at the end of its natural life, I don't care. My Octavia also fell foul of the VW emissions scandal and is due a software fix later in the year, but again I don't care. The original dealer I bought from no longer exists, I have used Pilsen Auto for servicing and have always been happy with them. But I would say shop around.

Would consider a new car if I could get a scrappage deal.

I bought November 2015 for delivery Jan 16, I was allowed €3K for my 15 year old car that I had from new on one of these scrappage type deals which I believe are partly funded by the manufacturers for new year sales.

To trade in against a 1 or 2 year old similar models they were only allowing me €1k off the advertised price.

I got new in January 16, no mileage, no previous owners and 3 years full warranty and european breakdown cover for probably only slightly more than I would have paid for a 2014 model last November.

All the big names will soon be rolling out their 2017 offers, many like last year will probably again have scrappage type offers, might be worth waiting, see whats on offer and then crunch the numbers.

Nissan have a scrappage deal. 4k until the end of October (but might last longer).

Is there any scrappage deal going in 2018 that posters know about,
Any idea what size / style car you're looking for. Do you want new, or newish. And have you got the funds to buy it outright?

There are scrappage deals out there. For example Skoda (mentioned above) have a choice between scrappage or 0% finance.

You have to bear in mind the garage is giving you about 500 for your car (they generally go straight to auction, and this is what they expect for a driving, road legal car.) The rest is just a discount in one form or another.

Wondering if I could ask a question about purchasing a car under the scrappage scheme. . Nissan are allowing me the 4k scrappage on a 2018 motor . It will be paid with draft so no finance involved. . Will be spending about 22k (that includes the scrappage) . This includes extras like metalic paint and bumper pack . . Apart from the 4k .. he won't budge on any discount. . Says with 4k scrappage, he can't . Should I try and push for more, or should I just jump at the 4k . .
Thanks

grass,
going on recent experience with main dealer (not Nissan) they actually won't budge and will let you walk. If you do deal tell us how you get on.

Got a small discount just to round it off to even numbers . . Every little bit helps . .
Thanks

Back