Any Rules/Regs regarding parking large trucks in estates?

Re: large vehichles inhousing estates

The van is an eyesore and takes up all the driveway and
blocks neighbours views and I was wondering is there a requirement for all foreign registered vehicled to be re registered in Ireland

Yes. One of the least enforced rules around.
Legally they might be required to register it straight away but the Gardaí usually give a 3 month leeway. Very hard to enforce as anyone stopped can just pretend they're here temporarily seeing that it's not actually defined how long "temporarily" is.
I heard one case where the Gardaí went into the carpark of a huge call centre in Dublin and took down every foreign registration number. 3 months later they did the same and any regs that matched up were obviously not temporary visitors and so were caught.
BTW, I wouldn't mention the word "eyesore" to the Gardaí as eyesores are in the eye of the beholder. Some people would consider any car that doesn't have a 00 reg as an eyesore.

Anyone know what the rules & regulations are regarding the parking of trucks/lorrys in housing estates.

Not many regs based on the following extract from the Kildare Nationalist Sep 28 '06:-

"Council urged to take action over large trucks in Loughminane
LARGE trucks parking in housing estates are causing a nuisance for residents, the Kildare Area Committee meeting heard, recently.
A motion was put forward at the last meeting asking Kildare County Council to take some action to have these trucks removed at the Loughminane housing estate in Kildare Town.
.......According to the council spokesperson Charlie Talbot, the problem of trucks parking in housing estates is hard to regulate and the matter should be referred to the council’s environmental section.
The town engineer said that there are a number of possibilities available to them, to prevent the trucks parking.
One possibility is to get the developer to reduce the width of the road from ten meters to six meters; this would leave the trucks no room to park on the road.
Kildare County Council has made previous attempts to prevent heavy goods vehicles parking in built up areas.
A few years ago, they tried to lower the weight restrictions in housing estates. They had agreed with requests from housing associations for the provision of signage to prevent the parking of heavy goods over 3 tonnes parking in housing estates.
Councilor Suzanne Doyle said that measures should be made to avoid these difficulties in future planning permissions."

I have a question re parking of large vans on Services Road. A large house across the road was sold recently. The new owners have moved 4 caravans into the driveway/garden of this house. The owners of these have started parking their vans (4 High Vans and 2 4x4) on our service road. They are causing alot of obstruction in the mornings with children being dropped off at the local school and with people going to Mass. (They also use this road for parking for school & Mass.) This is a service road for 19 houses and we all have our own driveways. The house that the caravans are park in is in a small housing estate of 24 houses and it is an end house.
The service road has no connnection with that housing estate.
Any advise?

According to Dun Laoghaire Co Council Planning regs:-

"23. Can I keep a caravan / campervan or boat in my garden without
permission?

Yes, subject to:
1. Not more than 1 caravan / campervan or boat.
2. No commercial / advertising use.
3. Not used as a dwelling while stored.
4. Storage not greater than 9 months in any year.

A call to your Council maybe re points 1 and 4?

Re: large vehichles inhousing estates

Yes. One of the least enforced rules around.
Legally they might be required to register it straight away but the Gardaí usually give a 3 month leeway. Very hard to enforce as anyone stopped can just pretend they're here temporarily seeing that it's not actually defined how long "temporarily" is.
I heard one case where the Gardaí went into the carpark of a huge call centre in Dublin and took down every foreign registration number. 3 months later they did the same and any regs that matched up were obviously not temporary visitors and so were caught.
BTW, I wouldn't mention the word "eyesore" to the Gardaí as eyesores are in the eye of the beholder. Some people would consider any car that doesn't have a 00 reg as an eyesore.

Not 100 % Correct
No need to re register for temp import.
In relation to the guard revisiting car park 3 months later note the following :
(1) If the car park is private and is owned by call centre there is nothing he can do as they are on private property.
(2) If the owners can prove that they were back home in the meen time ( ie over christmas or on holidays ) then the temporary holding time resets to day 1 again.

Thanks Pat 127 I will check that with my local Co. Council re caravans. There are people living in two of the caravans.
It is really all the vans parked on our road that I am worried about but then again if the caravans weren't there the vans wouldn't be around either.

Back