Any risk in opening an Anglo fixed term deposit?

Yikes Anglo Irish Bank 30day demand deposit account has dropped to 3%:eek:

Is Investec Bank 1 month deposit account at a fixed rate of 4% the best out there.

As per my previous post I'm a bit reluctant to hold it there for 6 months, but sitll thinking about it.

I already have a 1 year fixed with FA at 6.25-6.5% when I opened the account last year. Is this safe ever since UB & FA merging?

Am planning on going 1 year fixed with FA. Don't think the merger should have any adverse effects. If anything, would expect the new entity to be in a stronger position due to the efficiences that will arise (unfortunately at the cost of some staff cutbacks).

French Leaseback and non payment of rental income

Interested to see if many people bought french property believing they were going to have a garunteed rental income. Now that some management companies do not appear to be honouring this would be interested to see how you are dealing with this. The company I bought the property from are still advertising leasebacks and they are aware that there is a lot of problems with Management companies bet they are not telling potential buyers.

Back