Any relief for paying VRT + Stamp + CGT ??

kane3000

Hi

Does anyone know - is there any relief if one pays VRT on a car & Stamp Duty on a House & Capital Gains Tax within one tax year ???

The way Tax is (Mis)handled in this country is an absolute disgrace. You get completely screwed for trying to get by!!!

I get paid an average enough salary and will pay over €100,000 in Tax this year just because I want to live.

It would not be so bad if we had a choice as to where that money is spent - instead of watching it get p!ssed away on diabolical 3rd world roads, PPARS, Small tunnel (x 2) and electronic voting machines that don't work - I think in fact I will p!ss away the money I am supposed to pay to revenue next October and maintain that I got bad advice from high paying consultants....

We are being taken for complete mugs in this country.....

Sorry for rant..

CGT is paid as follows
I get paid an average enough salary and will pay over €100,000 in Tax this year

I am supposed to pay to revenue next October

If the gain is realised between Jan and Sept tax is payable by Oct 31st that year
If the gain is realised between Oct & Dec tax is payable by Jan 31 following year.
So any gain realised this year is payable at the latest by Jan 31st 2006.

You must have sold assets and made a gain in excess of 500,000. After tax that leaves a profit of 400,000. Nice one.

Back