Any opinions on SCTV digital from Cork residents?

c71

Hi,

After three years of the weather determining my TV viewing (if it rains and/or is windy..I have 3 channels...if it's fine..marginally 5) , I'm finally caving in to going digital.

Based in Crosshaven, so my digital choice is between Sky and South Coast TV (which apparently is rolling out in Crosshaven in the next three months or so).

I'm always out to support any local services but I have my concerns re: SCTV's existing analog service. So for any Carrigaline heads out there that have gone with the SCTV option, just wondering what your opinion of their service is? Is it 100 % there or is there an intermittent element to it?

Thanks in advance!

C71

Last edited:
Living in Carrigaline and i have sky. Anytime it rains or is windy, i only have southcoast channels so i would recommend SCTV Digital, i will be changing to them myself in the near future.

Living in Carrigaline and i have sky. Anytime it rains or is windy, i only have southcoast channels so i would recommend SCTV Digital, i will be changing to them myself in the near future.

i had this as well for a while. spit of rain and i got very bad staggered reception. got the dish realigned and all is fine now for months. even in very high winds and loads of rain the reception is fine.

i had this as well for a while. spit of rain and i got very bad staggered reception. got the dish realigned and all is fine now for months. even in very high winds and loads of rain the reception is fine.
Thanks for that - can't beieve i wasted a year of bad reception when al i had to do was get the dish realigned!:(

So the feedback is good for SKY depending on the alignment! SCTV use it for their C4 feed on their analog service and it's the one channel I get all the time so I'd surmised that it was pretty reliable.

Still wondering about SCTV digital though...has anyone subscribed at all?

Hope this doesn't qualify as a bump ;-)

Back