Any opinion on corner baths?

Toby

Trying to decide layout for new bathroom. Its reasonably small and we need a bath in there so wondering if a corner bath would be a good idea as it would free up a bit more floorspace. I'm just wondering if they are smaller than normal rectangular baths though? We have kids so it needs to fit 2 little splashers comfortably. Thanks.

Go for it. They may be shorter than regualar baths but they are wider & are suitable for little splashers to swim in. They usually have the added bonus of a corner seat as well ( can be used as a water slide!) Tested & approved by my 4 yr old nephew.

My mam has a corner bath. It takes up tonnes more floor space than a regular bath and the bath itself take much more water than a regular bath, so unless you want to paddle, you nearly have to try to get 1 and a half tanks of water into it.

Maybe she has an extra-big one or something though. She got it about 12 years ago. I love my baths, so sinking into hers is a really special treat.

Rebecca

We had a corner bath in the apartment. I found it too short to be comfortable. With the extra width, it would be fine for two kids, but you also need to consider your own comfort. It may sound daft, but I would strongly recommend you climb into the bath tub at the showroom before deciding.

We bought a house recently and it has a corner bath. I have to say it doesn't take up much space in the bathroom so you do get additional space for storage etc., but it's just no good for having a bath in. If I want to lie down in it, both legs have to go out over the sides! If space is a problem and you're not much into your baths then I'd go for it.

Back