Any managed funds with <1% annual mgt charge?

Protocol

I am trying to find managed funds with less than 1% annual mgt charges.

I know there is a Best Buy post on this issue. It mentions a New Ireland fund, but I can't get any details on their website.

What I would like is an AMC of 0.75% or even less for a managed fund investment of 80-100k?

Any ideas?

New Ireland and some other funds are available at discounted rates through execution-only brokers (such as MyAdviser.ie). It's effectively a commission refund negotiated individually by the broker, so New Ireland themselves won't provide specific details on it.

According to the Best Buys, Quinn Life is 1.00%, though it does reduse after 15 years, but that's no good to me.

Most Rabo funds have an entry and exit charge which is no good. Even 0.7% entry fee is 700 euro.

The Irish Life Scope funds bonus of 1% for 100k or more looks good, but the AMC of 1.5%, compared to 1%, would wipe out the bonus in 2 years.

What I am really looking for is more info on the New Ireland (BIAM) funds with the 0.75% or even 0.625% AMC.

oppenheim have one, not sure if your contrib would be large enough..

their's is at .5%...think biam have a low charge as well...considering their recent offings...

MugsGame, thanks for that.

But some discount brokers won't give you any info, as they operate on a no-advice basis, so how do I find out the New Ireland AMC?

That was an offer MyAdviser posted on AAM a while ago, which is where I got it from. I don't have any more specifics I'm afraid.

If this is a genuine investment query rather than an academic exercise, you could approach a discount broker with a narrow set of requirements and see what the best offer they have is. To discourage time-wasters many will charge you a small fee if you don't complete the transaction. In the context of a serious €100k investment that really shouldn't be an issue.

oppenheim have one, not sure if your contrib would be large enough..

their's is at .5%...think biam have a low charge as well...considering their recent offings...

Can you provide links to any of these?

Mugsgame,

I saw that earlier www.myadviser.ie offer. They also have offers on their website, but I don't see any mention of under 1% AMCs.

It is a genuine query, as my father will have 80-100k to invest soon.

Thanks for the advice about approaching the brokers.

I looked at the Oppenheimer website and found a managed mixed fund with a 0.50% annual mgt fee. See here:
[broken link removed]

I wonder could I use a discount broker to access such a fund?

Back