Any Lexus IS220d drivers out there

Firefly

Looking at one of these and would be interested to know what current owners think. The JD Power surveys always report the car as excellent. It's a toss-up with the BMW 320d. Looking at about a 2006/2007 model.

I had one in the UK for about 2 weeks Firefly earlier this year on hire. A nice car but 1) Headroom was very tight in the front 2) Engine was rather noisey 3) Not as economical as the BMW.

Saying that you can get some real bargains in the UK for the Lexus. You would pick up a decent 07 model with low mileage for Stg9-10k

we have an 06 executive model. 2.2

husband - lovely car - loads of gadgets - 860 pa tax
me - feel like i am driving a tank! havent figured out the gadgets yet!

we have an 06 executive model. 2.2

husband - lovely car - loads of gadgets - 860 pa tax
me - feel like i am driving a tank! havent figured out the gadgets yet!

The tax is the killer alright - might even go over the 1k after the budget..zippy I'd say though!!!

yeah it is fairly zippy alright but i still find it a lot more chunky than our previous car - 1,8 petrol vectra.

But the things that annoy me are -

1. the drivers seat - husband much taller than me so when I get into car after him driving its takes a couple of seconds for the electric seat to go forward...which is ok when i get in after him but if its raining he can be adjusting the seat in the rain before he fits in.

2. cruise control not as easy to set as our previous car - i find i have to look at it to set it whereas in vectra i didnt.

3. i just found the control panel in the vectra a lot easier to use inc the cruise control.

A mate has the is250. The ride in it is magic. The rear seats dont fold down is about the only downside with the car. The alloy wheels also corroded very badly. The laquer basically just fell off them.
When you floor it, the rev counter lights goes from blue to red a glow at about 6,000 rpm. Things like that impress me alot.

Back