Any Info On Calpe in Benidorm?

hoopman

Hi I was thinking of booking a holiday for family (2adults 3 children age 8,15,&17) in Calpe, Benidorm later this month.

Anyone out there have any info on the area.

Would it be a suitable area for families?

Hoping to book a hotel called the Hippocampo, but I can't get any reviews on the internet about the place.
Has anyone any info on the hotel.

Thanks in advance.

Hoping to book a hotel called the Hippocampo, but I can't get any reviews on the internet about the place.

Just did a Google and the correct spelling is Hipocampo. You will get some results then. Sorry can't be of more help.

Cheers gebbel, a lot easier now.

Happy Girl, thanks for the link, thats the second time you have helped us on summer holidays. Last year you gave us great info on the aparthotel Isabel in majorca, and we had a great time.
hope I can return the favours some time.

Hi Hoopman

I stayed in Calpe about 3 years ago. We found it a bit quiet at the time, but it would be perfect for families. The beach is lovely, very clean and safe. There are lots of nice restaurants and bars in the area. If you rent a car you can explore the nearby towns-Altea seemed nice and I think had a market at weekends. The drive along the coast into Benidorm is very scenic. Benidorm might be worth a visit during your holiday if you fancy something a bit more hectic, but Calpe is definitely a nicer place to be based. The kids would probably enjoy Terra Mitica, the theme park near Benidorm, and you might even enjoy it yourself!

Hope this helps

Cheers Suntot,

I think we will deffo take a trip to the Terra Mitica theme park, I also read about an aqualand ( i hope i spelt it correct)

I'm not keen about hiring a car, do you know if it takes long by bus to either of these places.

Thanks

Back