Any good examples of a layout for the Forums Page?

Brendan Burgess

Founder
One of the problems is that we have so many separate forums, it can be hard to decide which forum to post in.

And which one do we put on the top of the list?

We are going to remove a lot of the clutter from the Forums Page such as "New Posts" and "Lists of members"

This is what Boards does which is quite good. It enables a reader to see all forums at a glance. Anyone familiar with other very busy boards which lay out their forum page well?

Páid - personally speaking, I go straight to "New Posts" - to see what's trending / latest updates. For me, a trip to the front page is rare enough. Not sure how others on AAM use it.

That is interesting. I do the same. In fact, my bookmark is to New Posts. But I think that is how an experienced user uses it.

For new posters and people who want to ask a question, they should land first on the Forums Page and should be able to find the most appropriate forum quickly and easily - i.e. see them all at a glance.

Brendan

We have made some of the changes and will be making some more.

Has anyone seen a good forums page for a Forum based website which shows all the forums at a glance?

Brendan

Back