Any experience of a Buy To Let Review?

Kerrigan

I have a Buy To Let RIP Tracker mortgage secured at an excellent rate by a broker I used during the boom! The mortgage was to be on interest only until the term was up whereby I'd clear off the remaining debt or simply sell the property.

Recently the bank decided to review my loan and on on this note they decided I should begin making payments off the capital. Back in the day I had been assured by the broker and the bank that these reviews would never happen but of course this has proven incorrect.

In the past couple of weeks I have seen the mortgage drastically increase to such a fold I am digging deep into my own pockets to fund it.

A couple of days after I received notification of said review I had a call from a gentleman from the bank who was constantly niggling at me to meet with him at the BTL. I politely asked him to not call to the property and if he wanted to speak with me contact me in writing or call me over the phone. I am very rarely at the BTL and secondly there was a problematic tenet in-situ that I did not want this gentleman speaking with.

Am i in any position to contest the above?

What do you want to contest - the bank's right to principal repayments or the requested meeting?

If you are making your scheduled repayments, I don't really see any reason to meet anybody from the bank.

Back