Any cheap bikes left?

wishbone

Sorry not sure which forum this should go in, but move if needs be.

Before Christmas we were looking in Halfords for bikes for me, we have one already which myself and Mr W share, but it's a bit big for me and now what with the kid's seat on the cross bar, I almost need to be double jointed to cycle the thing. Anyway, we nipped out to Carrickmines and had a look at what was on offer, and there were some cheap bikes, about 130e or so. So finally we're getting our act together to actually visit with intention of buying and we can't find a bike for less than 250e. Are there any cheap bikes left out there since the Green Party introduced the bike buying scheme? I'm only 160cms tall and am almost looking at getting the kids Raleigh bike in Argos!! I'm not looking for a super bike, just one to take me the 16k round trip to work every day, hybrid type so as I can up and down footpaths...

There are a good few low priced ladies bikes at Amazon see here and they deliver to Ireland too. Save you a drive!

I bought my from Evans in the UK. This one looks good value..

[broken link removed]

I'd ask them is this there best price also as I managed to get a few more quid off one.

You'd have to 2nd hand to get that cheap tbh. Theres always cheap bikes over on adverts.ie. A cheap is ok for just messing about on, odd psin around the local park. But if you are going to do a lot of regular cycling like commuting everyday, a cheap bike might not stand up to that.

Amazon deliver to Ireland but many of the companies who sell through amazon don't.

Yes - but that link was to all the ladies bikes sold by Amazon themselves - some as cheap as £100 delivered here. ;)

Hi wishbone

I went on to www.gumtree.ie and adverts.ie, I have seen those bikes on the mentioned sites.

Regards

Hizzy

PS, most would be second hand

Back