Any chance of getting NIB to pay legal fees for a non-switcher?

eamonn123456

Looking at NIB for a mortgage. Not a switcher, first property in Ireland (but not FTB).

Do you think i could get them to pay my legal fees?

I know I can ask them - and I won't be shy either - just checking whether I have any chance? Or if anyone else has managed to persuade them?

Eamonn,
Like yourself I was a nonswitcher and stupidly I assumed that NIB would pay my legal fees but it turned out they wouldn't. I didn't pursue it as I decided not to go ahead with the mortgage for a different reason. However I would love to know how you get on if you chase them up about it.

Good luck.

I doubt that they will pay the legal fees in this case and you would probably be better of anyway getting a solicitor of your own choosing based on recommendations etc. But you can always ask/haggle.

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry, I won't be able to tell you any more on this as I have now decided to not proceed with a mortgage for the moment.

If anyone else finds out, please let us know.

Generally, the answer is no.
But this really depends on the size of your mortgage. The greater it is, the greater the chance of some sort of cashback deal.

You might stand a better chance of negotiating some sort of cashback deal with a broker than a bank.

Bob

Back