Any Advice?!?!? Pleeeeeease!

S

sally_s

Hey,

So I've gotten myself into a tiny bit of financial trouble to the tune of €21k! Bravo!

It really only happened in the two years or so, and is all over the place - mostly from being stupid with money and getting things and had no need for. I've cut back completely but am still having trouble putting together any sort of savings for the future. Anytime I walk into a bank for any sort of financial advice I end up applying for a loan for reasons unknown to myself. I was turned down for one re-finance for the entire amount below from AIB.

AIB Personal Loan - €4200
AIB Car Finance - €6000
HFC (Stoooopid High Interest) - €6000
MBNA Credit Card (DUH!!!) - €4500

I'm only earning about €1700p/m. I've been approved in principle for a Tesco re-finance loan which would bring down my monthly repayment from about €650 to €400, the only problem is that my bank statements aren't in the best of health, so I don't really know what they'll be looking out for. Also a friend applied for similat loan amount through Teso and was turned down after reviewing statements, and I would have thought hers would have been in better shape than mine.

AIB are in the process of looking at taking over my credit card debt as a top up to my personal loan, which would also be great - PLAN B!!!

I really don't want my credit rating to be so bad that I've no chance of a mortage in the future (near future.... agh)... Can anyone give some advice on the best thing for me to do? Please tell me I'm not the only one in this situation!!!!

Thanks a mill!

Back