Any advice on a french language course in france for one week?

nbc

Hi
A long shot. I need to improve my French for a course I need to do- I'm of intermediate standard. I was thinking of going to France for a residential course for a week or maybe longer. Has anyone done one? Any advice gratefully received.
Regards

NBC

I did one in Idiom language school in Nice. It was of excellent standard, and Nice is gorgeous. I went in September.

Thanks for that Misemoi.
Had a look and looks like exactly what I want. I have an intermediate knowledge of French but am doing a course one weekend a month for a year in France commencing in October and it's all French.
Did you just do one week? I was planning on a week but I see some courses are a minimum of two?They have 3 hrs and 5 hr mornings. Also classes of up to 10 or others up to 3. What would you recommend?
Nbc

I did a week and I think that there were ten or less in my class. Obviously the longer you do the more you'll learn but I only had a week available to me.

Hey nbc. I’m off to Bordeaux next Sunday for six days doing similar in the Alliance Francaise there. 5 mornings a week doing an intensive French language course. Staying with a host family to get the “immersion” experience.

Will,report back if that helps.

g

That's very kind of you garbanzo!
Would love to hear your experience

That's very kind of you garbanzo!
Would love to hear your experience

Hey nbc.

Did the week and it was excellent. Wish I’d done it years ago. The AF is v professional and the teacher we had was really engaging. In a class of 10 of various ages and nationalities. Four hours of classes each day from 9am to 1pm. You had the afternoons to yourself. The AF arrange various trips which are not expensive and are worthwhile doing. You had maybe an hour of homework to do most evenings.

My host family were great. Very warm and full-on with the lingo so you had to work hard. Food was fine. Up early at 7:15am each morning.

I do feel I’ve improved. I hit a few walls though in terms of grammar which I’ve not really studied in years. That was hard work. It wasn’t a particularly cheap holiday as flights, the course and accommodation were probably around €900 and you’d spending money on top of that. I’d have loved to do a second week but that wouldn’t be fair on Mrs g and the little garbanzos.

I would recommend it. As it happened I landed in Bordeaux literally just as France won the World Cup and the plac was going mental. That was brilliant to be around.

Happy to answer any further questions you may have.

garbanzo

Back