Ants

Scared

Can Someone help me I'm a mother of four children My Home is infested in Ants I know it may sound weird as its still very cold but there all over my home my kitchen bedroom sitting room my main concern is them getting near my children I've tried powder gel bait nothing working I don't know exactly were there coming from I Don't know what to do there really giving me sleepless nights :(

If you want a recommendation for a good anti infestation person let me know

In the winter, they hide in cracks in wall, dont leave a crumb lying around, if no food they will go away, very hard to do with young kids. Ants don't pose a health risk unlike cockroaches and fleas. Nippon Ant powder us brilliant, look for their nest and sprinkle it generously on any point of potential entry.

Thank you delfio i have litterally bleached my home from top to bottom made sure nuthing was left out before going to bed cleaned diwn presses and walls because they were in all the rooms it hard to find the nest ive contacted a pest control service just waiting to hear back from them thank you again for ur advice much apperciated

I remember one time I cut thick slice of barmbrack in the kitchen, holy Moses literally thousands of the little devils came shooting out of it. It didn't help I had dark brown worktop at the time. I was sickened, it took me hours to find the nest but found it I did.

We used to get ant problems living in Greece. We tried a few different control methods and the only one that worked effectively was boric acid. You need to mix a sugar/boric acid solution, ensure the ants feed on it and take it back to the nest(s) for others to feed on as well. It will take a good few days to work and the trick is to ensure that the boric acid concentration is just right - the initial feeders need to survive to carry the bait back to the main colony. Lots of info from different sources and some tips on relative concentrations

Once the ants find your bait, you will have squillions of them feeding there at first, but it's very satisfying watching the numbers tumble after a few days - you get good visual feedback on progress (or otherwise), which also allows you to tweak your bait strength.

It's cheap and something you can try before setting your pro pest controller (probably a relatively expensive option) to work.

Not a pleasant problem for you - good luck with it.

Paul

They are a hassel my son who is four yrs old is obbessed with getting them out he like mammy we have to find the queen then they go bless him for the past two nights ive been spraying vinger around my window ledges along skirting boards ive noticed there still there just not as many bedroom sitting room seem fine the kitchen manly has them there on the floor so i think the nest is in my kitchen

We had ants in our kitchen. The Ant Stop baits did the job. Haven't had any ants since.

The Ant Stop things work for us as well. It takes a couple of days. Put them down where ever you see them, it will stop them. They may come back again in a few months as we come into the summer. As soon as you see one or two, put down new Ant Stops.

Back