Antivirus software (Vista Windows)

Cobra

Hi, I bought a new HP Pavilion dv7. It already has 60 days Norton antivirus on it. I was wondering if i delete it and get avast free down load antivirus, would this affect any of the programs etc. I have vista windows. I done it before with xp windows on desktop and no problems. Anyone done this before and did everything work alright afterwards on vista windows. Any replies would be welcome.

As above, make sure you use the norton uninstaller. IF you do that you should be fine.

While you're at it, uninstall Vista and install Windows 7 beta. Its much better. Or go back to XP. I tried Vista for a year or two and finally removed it from all my machines recently. Its just not worth the hassle.

It is windows vista!

For once the problem is Norton not Vista. Vista has no issue installing and uninstalling as far as I know. If you know otherwise please share! Norton is picky about how its uninstalled. You have to use the Norton Uninstaller.

I persume i leave norton on my computer untill i have avast downloaded or i will not be protected while i download . By the way i dont have any problem with vista as yet.

Last edited:
I used the norton tool remover to delete norton on my vista laptop and loaded avast. No problem at all and everything seems to work fine. Thanks for info. Cobra:)

Back