Another set of Gay Byrne interviews

• Thread starter ladiesandgentlemen
  • Start date
L

ladiesandgentlemen

What is it with Gay Byrne and doing interviews ?

I see he is going to be doing another series of them in the NCH in a few weeks time. One of the weird things is that he is going to be interviewing Buzz Aldrin this time, and he did Neail Armstrong last time. Did he buy a batch lot of interview slots from NASA or something ? I don't get why people would pay a minimum of €35 to sit in the NCH listening to himself interviewing someone when you will be able to hear it on the radio for free later. It would be different if there was some exclusive access to the interviewees, but that's not mentioned at all. I guess if you are a big Gaybo fan it might be worth it to see him live in action, but the attraction of it all eludes me for one.

Uncle Gaybo

I understand the interviews went down very well last time. John Major was evidently a highlight.

Gaybo may be missing a trick though:

He could have gone down in history had he been the man to conduct an hour's interview with Neil Armstrong without mentioning the moon once..! [(c) Early Doors, BBC]

Still an opportunity with poor ol' Buzz...Imagine still having to trail in Armstrong's wake nearly forty years on.

I also noted that Gaybo did not ask Armstrong about those who believe the whole thing was hoaxed. Without stoking the fire, it is a reasonable topic given the plethora of non-believers out there.

Back