Another Ryanair Question - Broken Foot

shesells

We have friends arriving to us from the US tomorrow. The plan is a week here and then off to Paris for a week. All fine until we got a text to say that one of them has broken her foot. She's fine to fly trans-Atlantic but my concern is for their trip to Paris. Despite our warnings, they have booked Ryanair flights.

Ryanair's site says people of reduced mobility must contact them, I presume she'll do this when she gets here. But Ryanair say they can only take 4 passengers of reduced mobility per flight so if they have already reached their quota does that mean she just won't be able to fly? She is quite mobile, with just a small cast from what I can make out.

Anyone have any experience of something like this?

My husband and i have travelled several times with Ryanair. He has reduced mobility i always let them know before hand due to the 4 passangers restrictions for people with reduced mobility. He has always been the only one that needed assistance to get on the plane .I would say it would be unusual for the quota to be reached. He is always assisted to board first and they were always more than helpful to him. I would have no hesitation flying with a person with reduced mobility .Get your friends to ring Ryanair when they arrive here.

Sorry ment to say I would have no hesitation flying Ryanair with a person with reduced mobility

Similarly good experience. I broke my leg at the start of the year and had a cast up to my knee. Flew with Ryanair with no problems. Rang them to inform beforehand, and it was noted, however I would have gotten away without informing them (didnt want to chance it though). At the airport and on the plane they didnt even blick with the fact that i'd a broken leg. Treated exactly like a fully able passenger.

Back