another insulation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

galway_blow_in

last one i started was in breach of the charter so i hope im on side this time

id just like to ask if anyone ever owned or bought a house where an extension was improperly built and at the very point of where the new joined the old , severe dampness exists inside , builder i showed it to reckons the previous owners simply parked the extension up against the older part of the house and failed to do the added extras required

anyway , im giving serious thought to investing in external insulation as the house is imposdible to keep warm despite plenty of attic insulation and the cavities having been pumped by the previous owners , i know it has many advantages ( while being very expensive ) but would this deal with my issue re_ the poor workmanship carried out on the extension , there is also a crack on the outside of the wall where they joined up , not a massive one but it clearly matches up with the dampness inside

add to that , would i need to replace the windows when doing external insulation , they are double glazed but i dont think they were fitted very well , there is always a bit of a draft up along the sides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back