Another eBay question?

onekeano

I was looking to buy tickets for a sports event (c.€1.2k) oin ebay but the seller was a new seller (seem to be in the UK but.....) and they want wireless transfer as opposed to Paypal (see reasons below). Also because they are a private seller the bidding history shows all bids as "private listing - bidders' identities protected" so it could be that the selelr is bidding up the price himself......

I realise the stock answer will probably contain teh words "40 foot pole" but has anyone any reason why the seller would insist on a) not accepting Paypal or b) keeping bidding history private?

I'd be very keen on these tickets... Thanks, Roy

"unfortunately I can only accept Wire Transfer due to business commitments and I don't wish to use PayPal after hearing so many bad things from friends. "

For an item like this there is no good reason to keep bidding private, certain items are bid for privately for as the bidders don't wish it to be known that they want such items. A lot of ebayers don't like paypal but that's usually because of the percentage they take, not "after hearing somany bad things from friends". For this price I'd only deal with high sales volume and high feedback sellers who give payment protection through paypal.

id be very wary bidding on especially tickets of all things when the seller is a new seller and wanting wire transfer. You have no comeback if the tickets are fake.

i would persume the tickets are fake (if you even get tickets)....

never pay for anything on ebay by wiretransfer....

Hmmm,I'm deperate to get tickets for Champions League Final in Paris(as I'm hoping,not assuming that Arsenal will get to the final).Checked on ebay,all people offering tickets have no history displayed/known so I'm not bidding!However if anyone has any ideas????? on how to get tickets for same!!

Thanks lads for ALL the feedback especially ICANTBELIEVEIT, JazzyJ and JH -points well taken....

Now to the quiz part of the thread...............
a) Champion's League Final in Paris? - wot with no Man U... don't think so!
b) ... Munster v Leinster perhaps? No, but I have 2 for the final!
c) Roy Keane's testimonial??? (given the name of the OP) - nice one TallPaul, I am actually looking for 2 but can't find anything on google - if you hear of anything please let me know.

Thanks
Roy

Actually the right answer was Ryder Cup!

Come to think of it,there was some serious bidding going on for this year's Carling Cup Final;)

Thanks JohnnyBoy - exactly what I didn't need :)

Not quite on a par with 1999 but never look a gift horse....

Roy

I Have 2 spare tickets for Stretford end Lower ( united section)
Will sell for €55 each , also I will meet you somewhere in South Dublin area if required

I'm actually looking for champions league final tickets also but am in the same situation don't like paying over 1k to someone unknown and with serious possibility of never getting the tickets. By the way 'onekeano' I have couple spare tickets for the ryder cup if you haven't managed to buy them or may even swap them for champions league tickets ...if only life was that easy?!

Back