Another curtain question - Long poles

weeslip

We have a balcony window with a width of 132 inches and a drop of 90 inches. Its proving to be quite difficult to get curtains and even more difficult to get a curtain pole.

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

In the Dublin area but travel to the southeast every couple of weeks.

Cheers

Use 4 curtains instead of two and link the 2 on each side by the end rings. Should get long poles in Woodies (telescopic)

I found a 10 foot wooden pole in two sections for 30 something euros in Arro in Swords. That was all I needed so I can't say if they had longer.

weeslip said:
We have a balcony window with a width of 132 inches and a drop of 90 inches. Its proving to be quite difficult to get curtains and even more difficult to get a curtain pole.

If anybody has any ideas or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

In the Dublin area but travel to the southeast every couple of weeks.

Cheers

You can get up to 5 metre lengths of curtain rail, that would be the plastic kind. So do you literally mean pole as in wooden pole. 132 inches = 3.3 metres. Surprised you can't get that long to be honest. Should be not so hard to buy two lengths and fiddle with the joining supports to hang the poles together.

This previous thread on Curtain Poles may be worth a read.

Some of the curtain suppliers mentioned in this thread also supply poles so they may be able to give you some advice if you cannot get the required length.

thanks for the info. yes i do mean wooden pole, am going to try swords and see how i get on.

Hello Fellow Big Window Problem

Now I got the stainless steel one so not sure about a wooden pole I'm afraid but if this helps I got 2 six foot poles with whats called a splice (thing that joins them together) so that did the job. You can get them in any curtainy place. I got mine in Stillorgan Decor Centre as they worked out slightly cheaper than Hickeys. Still quite dear though - about 100 quid for a curtain pole! But when you have ginormous awkward windows you don't really ahve a choice.

Right back at you fellow sufferer. Stillorgan decor centre is 10 mins away from me, will give it a shot. Thanks for the help

We bought our rail from Arnotts and the only type available (at a reasonable price) was the metal rail. Our window opening is over 4 metres long.
Harry Corry in Airside Retail Park in Swords does do the wooden and metal poles to that size but they cost an absolute fortune!
HTH

Back