Annoying sound of Bird

trojan

From early morning to late evening there is a bird that makes a repetitive sound like "tweet tweet" which continues on and on. Any ideas what type of bird this is and is it migratory.

"tweet tweet"? Would be surprised if it went "bark bark"... :D

Any details on the bird itself? Have you seen the bird? it's hard to tell from the tweets themselves...

I doubt it's a swallow coz i'm at home with a broken foot for the last few months with the same sound and timescale and it tends to stop when Coronation Street and Fair City comes on;)

I have a jack russell on one side that goes yap yap yap, space, yap yap yap, repeat all day long, I don't know how he isn't hoarse! Very little break from it unfortunately whether owners are there or not.

On the other side is a beautiful big white fluffy dog that thinks he's a wolf.

I actually keep my windows closed a lot of the time as I can't stand the JR especially, I can live with the wolf imposter.

The birds are a welcome sound compared to them :)

It would be impossible for anyone to identify a bird by the description that it makes a repetitive tweet sound. However, the internet didn't let me down. A quick Google search tells me that there are apps you can download that can identify the bird by its particular call. See

I know little or nothing about birds of the feathered variety. (And the others are mostly just a mystery to me. :D) But I'm sure if you identify what species of bird it is using one of these apps and post it back here, someone else here will be able to tell you whether or not it's migratory.

Probably a Starling nest in your roof between the Felt and the Tiles. Check and see if there are Starlings coming and going via your Gutters

Hey, it will pass, birds at their most vocal in the summer. also just fyi - it's an offence to interfere with a nest, birds or their offspring. the good thing is they will go in time.

They will return and burrow back in again somewhere in your roof. If you get through this with no dead chick smell, then good but check your felt all around the gutters. You may need the lower layer replaced which involves removal of tiles. then again, it may not be Starlings.

Google Birdsong for beginners. YouTube video. I'd say you'll find it there .

It is in motion thank you - and I will develop a website to assist people in due course. In conversation you find out that a myriad of people are affected and just put up with it...I will see it through and had the said person been most egregious in unacceptance of the outcome and as a result the matter has grown legs. I am pursuing it now for the sheer pig iron of it and a learning process. :)

When I opened this thread, I half expected to see references to sounds such as “stop watching the World Cup”, “where were you until this hour?”, or “you think she’s attractive?”.

I now see that we’re talking about birds of the feathered variety.

On that basis, I’m out.

Back