Anna Nolan's moral high ground (Evening Hearld 9-9-10)

Tinker Bell

Anna Nolan seems to have it in (pun not intended) for testosterone fuelled lads. I guess it's because she never understood boys or men in the first place. Her piece in today's Herald shows her ignorance of these matters and she then goes on to insult Rooney's looks. If a man spoke disparagingly about a girl's looks, I and most females would sneer at the cynical sexism. Perhaps she realises that she's an oil painting? She seems to have adopted the line driven by militant feminists such as Julie Burchill. All in all a bit jaded and not very original.

Haven't seen it but a bit of bitchiness, including insulting someone's appearance, male or female, is par for the course in trashy amateurish papers is it not?

I guess so. But it's the only gig in town and DH likes the crossword and sudoku. Considering that there are over 1m souls in Dublin, it's a shame that there is not another evening paper. Over the years when the economy was flying some other baron should have stepped on Tony's feet. If they can have an alternative on de banks, so they should be able to do it here.

yes footballers are easy targets. Its normal for men to play around if opportunity arises.

... Considering that there are over 1m souls in Dublin, it's a shame that there is not another evening paper. ...
I agree. It's a tragedy only Tony's Terrible Tabloid survives. As a kid I can remember three and the paper-sellers' chants "Herdled or Mail, jawanna Herdled or Mail Evenin' Press".

Mtk you could say the exact same thing about women but I happen to think neither is true.

We really need a dedicated Kevin Myers section in "The Depths"

Or maybe a new section called "Even Lower"

As far as I know, Mr Myers has not started begetting yet. Perhaps he has a view that could be termed 'blinkered'. ;)

I dont think MTK is trolling. Not in the early loved up stages, but over say the first 20 years of marriage then I believe quite a number of both sexes would stray, particularly for a one night stand. Ask any woman how many times she has been hit on by married men, I mean it can't be just the one guy getting you all a bad name:)

I've also known loads of women who have strayed, less but a few who have had affairs. Thankfully I also know totally devoted couples who would never stray..................but now that I think about it, how would I really know that..............

Never could see the attraction in Anna Nolan by the way, who cares what she has to say. They wonder why Newspaper sales are down, idiot "journalists" might be one of the reasons. I could name about 20 of them off the top of my head but wont bore you.

in the vernacular most men would jump on a frog if it stopped hopping :)

Back