Anglo Reg. Saver maturing, can I open another?

bravo

Regular saver account matures in a few days, can I close it then and open another at the same rate 5.5%? thanks

Yes, you can open another on the current rate of 5.5%. When your exsiting one matures they will transfer it into an easy access acount at 1.7% make sure and tell them to transfer it into the premium demand account paying 3.6% (if you're keeping the funds with them)

Thanks Shaking - looking at the options at the moment, a few 4% rates (ulster esave plus etc)

Thought I'd mention this just in case it happens to anyone else with a maturing reg. saver account.

I got a letter saying my regular saver account would mature soon and to contact them if I didn't want the money moved to a new account earning 1.7% interest.

I rang and said I wanted the balance transferred to my existing prem demand account. When I received the email statement I noticed my request wasn't acted upon and the money had been transferred to the new low interest account.

The guy I spoke with today said my request had been noted on my account and couldn't explain how my money ended up in the wrong account.

I had same thing happen as jacobean. The woman on the phone was very apologetic and moved the money within a day, but it just shows you need to double-check they act on your request!:rolleyes:

I also had the same thing happen to me as Lucky i was able to check on angloconnect online. I had to ring them again to carry out the instruction.

Back