anglo irish bank

C

chara1

Hi can anyone tell me whether the government to date has given anglo any money at all. Did they pay anglo for those shares they have. How much shares do they have. Do they own anglo. But really how much money has the government given anglo to now and was it just a hand out or did they get shares or something for money given thank you. P.S. what is a government bond

Hi can anyone tell me whether the government to date has given anglo any money at all. Did they pay anglo for those shares they have. How much shares do they have. Do they own anglo. But really how much money has the government given anglo to now and was it just a hand out or did they get shares or something for money given thank you. P.S. what is a government bond

Anglo Irish Bank was nationalised so the Government own all the shares and therefore own 100% of the bank. They have provided €3 billion of capital into the bank and it is expected that they will have to inject another €5-6 billion after NAMA to keep it afloat.

A Government bond is basically an I.O.U. It is how Governments cover any budget deficits that they are running The Government issues bonds that pay a fixed rate of interest and promises to pay the buyer of the bond back at a fixed date in the future.

thanks a million i love when people explain something and i can understand it. Thanks again

Anyone any idea on what the Shareholders got- i.e if they got a cert saying their Shares were now worth 0, they could (in the unlikely event) write the invesment off against similar gains?

Saw a while back a figure of somthing like 6-7c a share for former shareholders, heard nothing since, any ideas?

Anyone any idea on what the Shareholders got- i.e if they got a cert saying their Shares were now worth 0, they could (in the unlikely event) write the invesment off against similar gains?

Saw a while back a figure of somthing like 6-7c a share for former shareholders, heard nothing since, any ideas?

Don't think it has been finalised yet. I haven't heard anyway but was not a shareholder. Unlikely to be any value I would say.

I am a former Anglo shareholder.

Last day of trading, shares = approx 25-28c.

No word since on any payment from the buyer (State).

I paid 10 euro, 6 euro, etc. Total write-off.

Hi can anyone tell me whether the government to date has given anglo any money at all. Did they pay anglo for those shares they have.

Anglo itself didn't "have shares". The shareholders owned shares in Anglo.

The State made a compulsory acquisition of the bank at a yet undecided price from all the shareholders, including me.

How much shares do they have. Do they own anglo.

The State now owns Anglo. So I as a taxpayer have bought Anglo off me the shareholder!!

But really how much money has the government given anglo to now and was it just a hand out or did they get shares or something for money given thank you.

Of course, as well as buying the bank, the State have since injected extra capital into Anglo. I think 4 bn, is it??

P.S. what is a government bond

A loan to the Govt., for a fixed amount of time, with the State paying interest on the loan.

I think trading on Anglo shares was suspended at 21 cent around January. When everything is wrapped up the shareholders may get a nominal amount per share, if there is anything left.

Back