Anglo Connect

Jethro Tull

I was in touch with Anglo a while back about whether they planned to upgrade the Anglo Connect service so that you could request withdrawals etc online. However despite the fact I was told there were plans (and I was even given a date in late October when it would be upgraded) . However the service is still the same

Does anyone know if there are plans to upgrade the service?

I asked the same question. They told me there are delays with the introduction of online banking system but it would be live in January but it would be Read Only access to your funds - no withdrawals online.

OT: It is the same story with Investec - Their new online banking system is apparently going live in January but this time with full withdrawal access.

Anyone having trouble logging in to AngloConnect tonight?

I asked the same question. They told me there are delays with the introduction of online banking system but it would be live in January but it would be Read Only access to your funds - no withdrawals online.

Well, nothing new there, that's what they've been offering for years.

Are we getting any new features with new online system? (no jokes please)

See [broken link removed]

Looks like they are implementing some sort of new system.

Making this change before sending out the new login details is a backwards way of doing things.

Disagree - you never shutdown the old system before sending login details for the new system. This is what they've done. At the very least they could operate the new in parallel with the old (read-only!) system during the transition. And they've now got rid of the online historical data for personal customers - with absolutely no warning.

In a nutshell shuting down the old system is a disgrace before new one ready.

Disgree - you never shutdown the old system before sending login details for the new system. This is what they've done. At the very least they could operate the new in parallel with the old (read-only!) system during the transition. And they've now got rid of the online historical data for personal customers - with absolutely no warning.
Disagree with who?

nb? bn? Ahhhh, I've no idea what's going on!

Storm in a tea cup methinks.
Its only a view only service and unless your balance is incorrect from the last time you looked, chill !Most of their products are fixed term or regular saver accounts, they dont provide current accounts, so why are the posters sweating ? I contacted Anglo today as i have a reg saver account, and theyconfirmed i will get a statement of transactions to date without charge.
First Active did similar a few years ago and there was total confusion about account numbers...lets see what the Ulster / FA changes bring about.

I got post yesterday from Anglo... didn't have time to read it properly but it was in relation to the Connect service. They have issued me with one of those 'cut out and keep' cards. The impression I got was the service had been enhanced... I'll read it properly this evening and report back!

I got post yesterday from Anglo... didn't have time to read it properly but it was in relation to the Connect service. They have issued me with one of those 'cut out and keep' cards. The impression I got was the service had been enhanced... I'll read it properly this evening and report back!

Got the same letter. Logged on not much difference on the new look website. No additional services are provided.

Storm in a tea cup methinks.
Its only a view only service and unless your balance is incorrect from the last time you looked, chill !Most of their products are fixed term or regular saver accounts, they dont provide current accounts, so why are the posters sweating ?

I don't think people are sweating or panicking. I just think it is a very unprofessional thing to do and doesn't do Anglo's reputation any good (although it has obviously bigger things to worry about :)). I work in IT and I know what would happen in my company if we did something similar.

Back