Angel's share of petrol.

Hi Leo. I was only looking at the grass yesterday, deciding if it needed to be cut, and if I would be able to take the jerry can to test my theory. Looks like you have disproved it already.

Here's an idea - which I am not advocating in any way as it is possibly morally and/or legally wrong, if you are taking the petrol from the next person in line. But lets just say as a mental exercise.
1. Pull up at your local unmanned 24x7 petrol station (visa payable).
2. Park a bit away from the pump, and roll out a few meters of hose, holding it so it doesn't retract.
3. Put 10€ in your car, and turn off the pump by pressing the switch at the pump, leaving the nozzle handle open. (you may need 3 hands to accomplish all of this).
4. Lift up the hose at the pump to drain the contents into your car.
5. Then release the nozzle handle and return the nozzle to the pump, while still holding the switch at the pump down.

Would there be a litre of fuel in the hose?

I would guess, if you were to try this then cctv footage would catch you pretty quick, and I don't know the relationship between the nozzle stopping the flow of petrol verses the switch at the pump (which activates when you take the pump out and put it back).

Hi Leo. I was only looking at the grass yesterday, deciding if it needed to be cut, and if I would be able to take the jerry can to test my theory. Looks like you have disproved it already.

Here's an idea -......

You can forget this 'plan' as well, all nozzles have an anti-drain valve. No pressure, no fuel.

Back