An Post losing packages, and not replying to complaints

TheReflex

Last May I sent a registered package to Canada using An Post. The item never arrived (tracking shows nothing beyond leaving Ireland) and thus I contacted An Post Customer Support to investigate & get my insured value (it was an item sold on eBay sold for 70 Eur and insured for as much).

Reached out a few times (August, November) with no reply whatsoever from [email protected] . So I took the next step and went to their Customer Advocate Form... guess what... no reply either.

To make things worse, another registred package (60 Eur, Portugal, early December) hasn't arrived either, despite a 2nd package, sent same day, to same address, having been successfully delivered 3 weeks ago. New complaint registered, but not hoping to hear from them either.

I've sent literally hundreds of packages around the world in the last 10 years and have had nothing but praises for An Post, but the fact they can simply lose my packages and take no responsibility for it, or worse, ignore my complaints with impunity leaves me wondering: is there anything I can do?

If you're not getting a satisfactory response/resolution then maybe check their customer charter on how to raise a formal complaint?

It sounds like you are a commercial user rather than a consumer. I'd have thought you'd have had a business manager as your contact - a sales guy who smooths out problems like these.

If you're not getting a satisfactory response/resolution then maybe check their customer charter on how to raise a formal complaint?

I tried 1. and 2. from the list, unsure if phoning or writing them a letter will make a difference.

It sounds like you are a commercial user rather than a consumer. I'd have thought you'd have had a business manager as your contact - a sales guy who smooths out problems like these.

No, just a private user. I just had collectables that I sold on eBay throughout the years

Back