Ameritrade Account

tosullivan

Not sure what section to post this in, but wanted to ask a question and see if anyone could give me their opinion etc

I have an Ameritrade account and planning on going to the US for a holiday next year. Rather than taking the USD out of the account, have it subject to exchange rates and then have to convert the EUR back into USD, is there a way I can have some of the balance transferred into an account to use over there?

I don't have a US bank account

Thanks

Has anybody tried to do the opposite? (ie: depositing USD from TransferWise to Ameritrade).

I have an eTrade non-brokerage account (they only allow US customers for this) where I have ESPP/RSU's and I would like to reinvest the money avoiding currency conversion and other fees, so I was thinking to transfer from eTrade to TransferWise and then to Ameritrade.

Although now that I think about it, it should be OK to send a wire from eTrade directly into Ameritrade's account.

If anybody has tried any of the above, please let me know. Thanks!

Hiragii that sounds very interesting, let me know if you go forward with this and how it goes for you. I too have non-brokerage account with eTrade

I just executed a sell order in eTrade and, for the wire transfer, selected the bank account specified by Ameritrade in deposits by wire.

Will let you know if it goes through in a few days.

Yep, it worked, the cash appeared in my Ameritrade account shortly after eTrade confirmed the wire transfer had been completed.

Back