American Company Sue Me?

finbarr

Hi

Can Anyone help? I signed up last year earlier this year for webased software which i stopped using after about 4 months as it didnt suit my business and was too expensive.

The company maintain that I owe them 2700 dollars as the software cost was being spread over time, however as its webbased I dont have access to the software anymore.

They have their solicitors sending me emails now looking for the money or they will prosecute me?

What can they do if they are based in America and I am based here? I did pay them a monthly fee whilst I was using the software? but I was aware that there was a time span that I needed to sign up for the software for to cover initial training etc

Did you cancel your account verbally as per contract?
And ... if you did ... did you get the email confirmation that the account was cancelled?

If you just 'stopped' using it without telling them then it looks like you owe them the 2700

Finbarr,

In general its not a good idea to post very detailed information concerning what is a potential civil case.

At the very least you are giving the "other side" a unique insight into the strengths and weaknesses of your case and you will compromise your position.

I have deleted your detailed post in which you mentioned the name of the company. Ill restore it if you wish but suggest that at least you do not name the company.

aj

What does your solicitor have to say?

Back