Am I looking for the mortgage I can't have?

The trouble is...

...you just show yourselves up to being obnoxious and tiresome.

Careful now...

ComicBookMan, or O will throw a wobbler and threaten to never return to the site.

Re: 0

but there is a large balck economy out there and there is nothing we can do about it by attempting to force ones opinion on everyone else. Let those who choose to take the risk of being caught and likewise those who do not take teh rixk have one less worry.
This is just rubbish. Nothing will happen about the black economy as long as we all turn a blind eye to it. proves that by taking an assertive approach and calling it like it is, i.e. tax evasion, anyone with a conscience will actually start thinking that there might be a better way to run their affairs. Do you take the same attitude to other types of crime? Would you tell a hit-and-run drunk driver that they really shouldn't be driving, or would you just shut up & sit in the corner and wait for someone to be killed? Stand up & be counted - if you want things to improve.

And yes, I am breaking my promise to ignore this thread - but let me qualify it, I'll just ignore the mangy-dog-trapped-in-corner snarling from Iwant - I'm quite happy to engage in sensible debate with others.

I wonder...

why it is that Rainyday gets away with flouting the posting guidelines. You really need to be kicked from this site Rainyday.

The whole point is that I asked a very simple question about getting a mortgage. You just like the sound of your own voice Rainyday. There's plenty of good people on this site who try to help others. It's a pity you have to be here.

Rainyday

Rainyday,

You can't change the world, so you shouldn't waste your time!!!!!!!!

There will always be a black economy, it impossible to.

May I put an example to you.

You request a tradesman to your house to do a job. Job is completed to your satisfaction, Trademan requests "Johnny Cash"...

Do you enforce your extreme opinion on him?

Re: Rainyday

Hi Comicbookguy - Actually, you can change the world and . How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

And funnily enough, I would (almost) always pay trademen by cheque for precisely this reason - As long as we are happy to collaborate in the black economy to get a 'cash price', we will never solve the problem of tax evasion.

RAINYDAY

Well Rainyday,

I note you qualify your statement with an "Almost"....I bet you would pay the tradesman cash if it was a cheaper price...hence the black economy...........and my point proved.

q.e.d.

Re: RAINYDAY

You have added 2 plus 2 to make 17. I put in the qualifier 'Almost' because I can recall one occasion where I paid cash because my cheque book was empty. No more, no less. Don't assume that the rest of the world takes the same view of tax evasion as you.

The point

"Don't assume that the rest of the world takes the same view of tax evasion as you."

Exactly. So stop ramming it down people's throats just because you think you're perfect.

stand up and take it...

Iwant,

If you have the audacity to break the law, stand up and take the criticism. Dont be bad mouthing moderators and freq posters who contribute their time (freely) to advise and inform.

If you cant do the time dont do the crime....

Oh please

Don't be giving me that free time nonsense. These particular mods obvioulsy just like the sounds of their own voices. Nothing to do with anythig else. I asked for mortgage advice...which I got from Sarah.
I'll bad mouth who I like also thank you very much when they do the same to me. It's pretty obvious how vicious Rainyday is.

Re: Oh please

These particular mods obvioulsy just like the sounds of their own voices.

# posts so far (including this one)

Iwant: 20
0: 12
Rainyday: 7

:|

B.S.

Just to be clear on what you are saying using a "simple example"

Price A if pay cash €150.00

Price B if pay by cheque €200.00

You would cjoose Price B??

Re: B.S.

Hi Comicbookman - Obviously, the concept of simple honesty when dealing with tax matters is going way over your head as you are having huge difficulty in accepting how it works. But yes, your description above is basically correct.

In reality with me, it tends to be slightly different to this. I get a price for the job, and I pay it by cheque. I don't get two prices. If he tells me he doesn't want a cheque, that's tough - I don't deal in cash. For any significant job, I would look for a written quotation up-front and invoice (with company or trading details) on a letterhead.

Comicbookman - if everyone refused to pay "cash" and the black economy disappeared resulting in a drop in income tax for everyone and a decent healthcare and education system which route would you take? I'm no better than anyone else in that I have, and probably will in the future, paid cash to various tradesmen but I applaud Rainyday's stance - he may be on a hobby horse but it's a damned fine steed.

0 is one of the most prolific and helpful posters on this site. Nuff said.

And finally Iwant. I suggest you get your tax situation with your second employer sorted out because a. it will help with your mortgage application and b. it's obviously something you feel very uncomfortable with.

Have a nice day folks! ;)

Sarah.

Re: Oh please

I asked for mortgage advice...which I got from Sarah.

So this information was not relevant after all?

Make your mind up....

B.S.

Rainyday,

You are missing my point.

In my experience two prices may be offered by a tradesman (Certified etc) one for cash and the other for cheque.....This I would feel you would have to accept.

Now

You are stating that you would pay the higher one to ensure that it goes through the Tradesmans bank account and the appropriate tax is paid (If any).

If this is the case well bully to you - but I do not believe you would pay a higher price just to make sure the receipent is tax compliant....

This is not rational behaviour........................

If this is the case well bully to you - but I do not believe you would pay a higher price just to make sure the receipent is tax compliant
Yes - I do, and have done in the past. I don't say I enjoy paying the higher price. I've certainly made my feelings known to tradesmen and when I start talking about tax inspectors, some of them tend to go a little pale and just want to get away from me as soon as possible. But as I explained above, I generally get only one price. Some trademen were slightly pissed off that I wasn't paying cash - but that's tough on them. Maybe the rest were just waiting for me to ask them for the 'price for cash', but I don't ask.

Back