Am I entitled To Anything?? Please HeLP!

S

smiley1986

Hi There.

I was recently working a very tough job 12-14hr a day 6/7 days a week, i was under a lot of pressure and it was effecting my entire life. I new i wanted to leave but i could not get another job.

Because i could not get a job I tried starting my own business, the business wont take off for another 2 months but last month i left my job as i really could not handle it a day longer.

Im wondering am i entitled to anything in the meantime, all i need is some sort of income until i get the business running as i have a child. (bare in mind I left my job and so i dont think i would be aloud the dole?)

Help a confused man please. :(

There are a few other posts about this topic so do a search and look at the key post in this section.

First of all, go down immediately and sign on and explain why you had to leave your job, usually you are excluded from signing on for 9 weeks when you leave your job voluntarily, however SW do look at each case individually and may look favourably on your situation.

How long were you working? This will impact on your ability to get Jobseekers Benefit, if you don't have enough weeks worked you may be eligible for Jobseekers Allowance which is means tested. You must also for both be available for and seeking work so if you could confine your business set-up to the weekends that would help you in qualifying.

Back