Am I a chargeable person?

batman

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me...
I've received a letter from revenue stating that I have failed to file income tax return for 2015 (Form 11). I thought I didn't have to do this due to my situation:
I'm a PAYE employee that exercised some stock options (10% discount) in 2015 but I sent the RTSO on time (paid less than 100 euros for that). I also got less than a hundred euros in dividends... I thought that you need to make over €3174 euros in non PAYE income in order to be registered for Income Tax.
Am I a chargeable person? Should I contact revenue and tell them that I shouldn't be registered for Income Tax?
BTW: I asked two accountants... one told me I had to do the Form11 ASAP (with his "help"), the other told me to contact revenue and tell them I shouldn't be registered for Income Tax.

Thanks guys!

First accountant is correct, you're a chargeable person in any year you exercise share options.

RTSO is, in effect, the mechanism for collection of preliminary income tax, and the fact that it is paid indicates to Revenue that a Form 11 should follow.

Back